Windows 10: Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup

Discus and support Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like for folks here to recommend a free application that performs a mouse click on a certain area of my display when Windows starts. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bobhurd, May 4, 2021.

1. bobhurd Win User

Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup

I would like for folks here to recommend a free application that performs a mouse click on a certain area of my display when Windows starts. I don't need the program to do anything else other than what I want it to do. I've tried Mini Mouse Macro, which looked promising but did not perform the mouse click that I required. I also tried Auto Mouse, but it had way too many features and I couldn't find where I could make it perform this one single task with no human intervention. You're probably wondering why I need such a tool. I have one program that starts when I start Windows that will not minimize itself on startup and it has no option to do such. So every time my laptop starts or every time my wife's PC starts, there is this window sitting there that just needs to be minimized with a single mouse click. It doesn't sound annoying, but it wears on you if you restart your machine several times during the day. An automated mouse click would solve this annoyance, but I can't seems to find a program that does this simple task. Any recommendations?

:)

bobhurd, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Write a 2 (perhaps 3) line Autohotkey script that basically does this

run, <path to program>
    ; might need a line here e.g. winwaitactive, <program identifier>
    winminimize, <program identifier>

Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup [​IMG]

With Autohotkey installed:
    The script goes in <suitable-name>.ahk
    Double click to run it
    Rt click, compile it to <suitable-name>.exe

You then have an exe you can use to launch and minimise the prog.

-------------------------------
    Or just use a single line, executed after the program has been launched as is.
    winminimize, <program identifier>

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. bobhurd Win User

I would like for folks here to recommend a free application that performs a mouse click on a certain area of my display when Windows starts. I don't need the program to do anything else other than what I want it to do. I've tried Mini Mouse Macro, which looked promising but did not perform the mouse click that I required. I also tried Auto Mouse, but it had way too many features and I couldn't find where I could make it perform this one single task with no human intervention.

You're probably wondering why I need such a tool. I have one program that starts when I start Windows that will not minimize itself on startup and it has no option to do such. So every time my laptop starts or every time my wife's PC starts, there is this window sitting there that just needs to be minimized with a single mouse click. It doesn't sound annoying, but it wears on you if you restart your machine several times during the day. An automated mouse click would solve this annoyance, but I can't seems to find a program that does this simple task.

Any recommendations?

bobhurd, May 4, 2021
  4. bobhurd Win User

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Auto Hot Key (AutoHotkey) is exactly what I was looking for.

The application is very powerful, far more than what I am using it for - just a simple mouse click at a specific spot on the display.

Certainly, I will be using this program for other things in the future.

- bob

bobhurd, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup - Similar Threads - Wanted Free App

2. Mouse Double Clicks When I want Single Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Double Clicks When I want Single Click: I bought a new keyboard/mouse combo several months back - a Logitech K520 keyboard with M510 mouse. They're wireless, and work on the same Logitech unifying receiver that is plugged into a USB port on the computer. The software for it is updated and current. I also tried to...
  3. Mouse wheel sensitivity in specific apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse wheel sensitivity in specific apps: Hello! Is it possible to change the nouse wheel sensitivity for different apps, or is there a global setting only? I'm asking because if you have your mouse wheel set to scroll for example 10 lines at a time, when you have any kind of app or small window which has a...
  4. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  5. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  6. Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into...

Windows 10 - mouse not clicking on startup screen, but moving ok. Then works once into...: Hi, looking for some help. All of a sudden last week my mouse stopped clicking on the Windows 10 startup screen. It moves ok though. Once I tab and then enter my password, it clicks like normal. Why wont it 'click' on the startup. Have I accidentally disabled something...
  7. Mouse does not work in the bottom right part of the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse does not work in the bottom right part of the screen: For some reason, the mouse does not work in the bottom right part of the screen. The mouse pinter moves in that area without any problem, but hovering or clicking on any option in the area does not work. I am not sure when this problem started and I have noticed it only...
  8. arc mouse part

arc mouse part: hello, the bottom piece of my arc mouse fell and icant seem to find it anymore. any idea as to how i can replace the part for mouse? just the black plastic end piece please....
  9. Black screen on startup with mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen on startup with mouse: Hi, Windows 10 updated correctly and without any errors, however when I boot it normally, it just black screens with the mouse cursor. Safe mode works and I used that to update my graphics card, thinking that that was the problem, however it still is a black screen and...
  10. Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen: Hi All, Sorry, I'm not quite sure where this question fits, but hopefully someone will find it.*Smile I've recently upgraded to a 4K monitor instead of running 4 separate 1080p screens which is working very well except for the fact that I can't run 'full screen' without...