Windows 10: Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup

Discus and support Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like for folks here to recommend a free application that performs a mouse click on a certain area of my display when Windows starts. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bobhurd, May 4, 2021.

1. bobhurd Win User

Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup

I would like for folks here to recommend a free application that performs a mouse click on a certain area of my display when Windows starts. I don't need the program to do anything else other than what I want it to do. I've tried Mini Mouse Macro, which looked promising but did not perform the mouse click that I required. I also tried Auto Mouse, but it had way too many features and I couldn't find where I could make it perform this one single task with no human intervention. You're probably wondering why I need such a tool. I have one program that starts when I start Windows that will not minimize itself on startup and it has no option to do such. So every time my laptop starts or every time my wife's PC starts, there is this window sitting there that just needs to be minimized with a single mouse click. It doesn't sound annoying, but it wears on you if you restart your machine several times during the day. An automated mouse click would solve this annoyance, but I can't seems to find a program that does this simple task. Any recommendations?

:)

bobhurd, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Write a 2 (perhaps 3) line Autohotkey script that basically does this

run, <path to program>
    ; might need a line here e.g. winwaitactive, <program identifier>
    winminimize, <program identifier>

Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup [​IMG]

With Autohotkey installed:
    The script goes in <suitable-name>.ahk
    Double click to run it
    Rt click, compile it to <suitable-name>.exe

You then have an exe you can use to launch and minimise the prog.

-------------------------------
    Or just use a single line, executed after the program has been launched as is.
    winminimize, <program identifier>

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. bobhurd Win User

I would like for folks here to recommend a free application that performs a mouse click on a certain area of my display when Windows starts. I don't need the program to do anything else other than what I want it to do. I've tried Mini Mouse Macro, which looked promising but did not perform the mouse click that I required. I also tried Auto Mouse, but it had way too many features and I couldn't find where I could make it perform this one single task with no human intervention.

You're probably wondering why I need such a tool. I have one program that starts when I start Windows that will not minimize itself on startup and it has no option to do such. So every time my laptop starts or every time my wife's PC starts, there is this window sitting there that just needs to be minimized with a single mouse click. It doesn't sound annoying, but it wears on you if you restart your machine several times during the day. An automated mouse click would solve this annoyance, but I can't seems to find a program that does this simple task.

Any recommendations?

bobhurd, May 4, 2021
  4. bobhurd Win User

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Auto Hot Key (AutoHotkey) is exactly what I was looking for.

The application is very powerful, far more than what I am using it for - just a simple mouse click at a specific spot on the display.

Certainly, I will be using this program for other things in the future.

- bob

bobhurd, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Wanted: Free App to click mouse in specific part of screen at startup - Similar Threads - Wanted Free App

2. Mouse click unfocuses tabs, taskbar not clickable, auto-clicks certain parts of the screen!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click unfocuses tabs, taskbar not clickable, auto-clicks certain parts of the screen!: time to time i sometimes get this bug where my mouse somehow unfocuses stuff? i open task manager, i click on the app and i like unfocus it? its like i clicked through it. it's really annoying because I have to relogin whenever it happens, restarting doesnt help if u were...
  3. Mouse click unfocuses tabs, taskbar not clickable, auto-clicks certain parts of the screen!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click unfocuses tabs, taskbar not clickable, auto-clicks certain parts of the screen!: time to time i sometimes get this bug where my mouse somehow unfocuses stuff? i open task manager, i click on the app and i like unfocus it? its like i clicked through it. it's really annoying because I have to relogin whenever it happens, restarting doesnt help if u were...
  4. Mouse click unfocuses tabs, taskbar not clickable, auto-clicks certain parts of the screen!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cant click in certain parts of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant click in certain parts of the screen: Unable to click in certain parts of screen mostly lower left corner, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-in-certain-parts-of-the-screen/16785414-f630-4341-a3d8-e1c8af866245
  6. cant click in certain parts of the screen

cant click in certain parts of the screen: Unable to click in certain parts of screen mostly lower left corner, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-in-certain-parts-of-the-screen/16785414-f630-4341-a3d8-e1c8af866245
  7. Cannot click a part of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click a part of my screen: There is a certain part of my screen, quite close to the bottom, that I cannot click with my trackpad. My mouse hovers over it, but when I click anything there nothing happens. I don't know what my computer is sorry . Please fix this thank you!...
  8. Cannot click a part of my screen

Cannot click a part of my screen: There is a certain part of my screen, quite close to the bottom, that I cannot click with my trackpad. My mouse hovers over it, but when I click anything there nothing happens. I don't know what my computer is sorry . Please fix this thank you!...
  9. Want to hide taskbar for specific app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to hide taskbar for specific app: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,The problem is that I use Premiere Pro and my screen resolution is 1920x1080. So that Windows taskbar takes much space and makes app narrow. I don't want to auto hide taskbar forever because I need it. I want that my taskbar is visible and when I...
  10. i want single mouse clicks to open apps

i want single mouse clicks to open apps: how do i switch from double mouse clicks to open apps to single mouse clicks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-single-mouse-clicks-to-open-apps/c0a13047-0eb0-43c0-8991-50ce88248216