Windows 10: WANTED - simple folders w/o all the Explorer stuff

Discus and support WANTED - simple folders w/o all the Explorer stuff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I maintain various collections (=folders) of files and folders on my desktop for ease of access. For these folders I don't need no navigation pane, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by capricorn, Dec 21, 2020.

1. capricorn Win User

WANTED - simple folders w/o all the Explorer stuff

I maintain various collections (=folders) of files and folders on my desktop for ease of access.
    For these folders I don't need no navigation pane, no search bar, no menu, no nothing.

I understand that removing the navigation pane is a "for all folders or none" thing. Probably this is true for other components of an Explorer window as well.

Does anybody know of a way (some 3rd party utility) that implements or supports "simple folders"?

:)

capricorn, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. WANTED - simple folders w/o all the Explorer stuff - Similar Threads - WANTED simple folders

2. Sharing a folder anyone on network can connect to w/o authorization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a folder anyone on network can connect to w/o authorization: Hello, I'm trying to share a folder that has to be available to the entire network. No passwords, no authorization. When you navigate to the folder on the network it HAS to allow you access if you're on the local network. Often when I share folders windows decides a username...
  3. S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(: Trying to debug my workstation issues at work and really needing some help. Really s-l-o-w working with Autodesk inventor 2020 working with files on our server but some localized issues, too, that I'm thinking may be affecting that. With Inventor files that used to take a...
  4. open w/o windows tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    open w/o windows tiles: HP laptop had the classic w7 icons but switched to tiles. I forgot how to get the classic back. I know its simple but I forgot how I did it. Help! 162382
  5. New Computer Needed & Want To Save Programs On HDD W/O Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Computer Needed & Want To Save Programs On HDD W/O Reinstallation: I have a computer that is on its way out the door. However, the hard drive is sound and is fine, however, I have programs on there that I want to save and a couple of them I do not have the installation program EXEcutable installation file or the software on a disc to...
  6. all sorts of problems w/ Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all sorts of problems w/ Explorer: Hello to the Microsoft Community. I do not know if my computer has been infected by a virus or something, but I've been having problems w/ my Explorer. A few months ago I am having major problems with my Explorer such as not being able to open up images and not being able...
  7. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  8. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  9. Wiped all partitions want to restore W 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiped all partitions want to restore W 10: When I first got this PC I like many others Windows 10 started updating. Long story short things got more fouled up the more I tried to fix them. HP was nice enough to send me a recovery USB which my PC would boot to but not open or load from. Prior to all of this I had made...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517