Windows 10: wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??

Discus and support wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Does anyone have some suggestions and links of what is good to look for on these things? I want Bluetooth as I have a firestick 4K and I can install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sdowney717, Jan 12, 2021.

1. wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??

Does anyone have some suggestions and links of what is good to look for on these things?
    I want Bluetooth as I have a firestick 4K and I can install free games on that.
    I also have a Bluetooth dongle that does work to transfer files from phone to PC to phone, but I dont know if the version matters regarding controllers?? I got that device at least 5 years ago.

I want force feedback in the handles.
    Is it better to use seperate A cell batteries, or an inbuilt one?
    I am thinking really 2 controllers, all on one Bluetooth dongle?

I also read Xinput is newer than Dinput and how does that fit into this picture?
    I read some controllers only do Xinput when using a cable, which I dont think is a good idea.

I also need them to work with windows 7 and 10, android, firestick, dont care about apple

:)

sdowney717, Jan 12, 2021
  2. BossDweeb Win User

PC controller

What game ? Which model Havit controller ?

Most modern games use XBOX (XInput) controller by default, but old games use Dinput, and were too early to have

an Xinput option, so modern XBOX type controllers only work with the old games if they have a switch for both Xinput and Dinput.

Dinput controllers (and two way Xinput/Dinput) also require profiling software to set up the buttons to match the games keyboard configuration.

With these you can also make profiles for games that default to XBOX, should you want to use a button combo that is not

available in the game. This software is provided by the mfg of the controller.

... Just remembered. There are a few 3rd party 'emulator' software for XInput only controllers that give them the ability to create profiles.

BossDweeb, Jan 12, 2021
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Gaming controller setup

I don't believe this controller has a DInput option ( the old pre XBOX -
    XInput - input type )

If the controller does have a switch go toggle between XInput and DInput you need to toggle

to DInput and install Thrustmasters profiling software to allow the controller to use keystokes

in games that don't don't recognise the controller, or don't offer options to change key bindings in the setup.

- XInput is limited to the games default options. You would have to use a 3rd party controller software

to program an XInput only controller to key strokes.

All you can do with XBOX controller clones is calibrate, not customise.

- Logitech F310 has both D and X , as does the more expensive Razor controller.

You may also need the XBOX 360 accessories installed for XInput to work fully .

xbox-360-controller-for-windows

BossDweeb, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Faith Win User

wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??

Game Controller for my PC

That's right. For simplicity sake, whatever you decide just make sure it's Xinput, as other controllers - like the DS4 - is Dinput and will need software or wrappers to run properly in most games. Steam has a built-in feature for controller compatibility which is neat for Dinput devices. Xinput controllers are plug and play and will be recognized automatically by Windows 10. Personally I use the latest Xbox One Controller (Slim/white) by Microsoft and it's perfect for games. Got it on sale so can't complain. *Smile

Faith, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput??

1. wanting to get bluetooth game controllers xinput dinput?? - Similar Threads - wanting bluetooth game

2. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices also does not work....
  3. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices also does not work....
  4. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. replacing xinput

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing xinput: so i have three xbox controllers 2 new ones and one old the two new one use xinput drivers while the old one uses hid compliant game controller which lets it work for the game i need it for but i wanna use my new controllers for this game and xinput is making problems...
  6. replacing xinput

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing xinput: so i have three xbox controllers 2 new ones and one old the two new one use xinput drivers while the old one uses hid compliant game controller which lets it work for the game i need it for but i wanna use my new controllers for this game and xinput is making problems...
  7. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: Hi,I recenlty got a new controller and went ahead and updated the controller firmware through the XBOX accessories app, after the update however the controller is not recognised as Xbox one controller in Bluetooth mode rather as Bluetooth LE Xinput device.The issue that...
  8. XBOX CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED AS LE XINPUT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED AS LE XINPUT DEVICE: GOOD DAY. I HAD A TROUBLE MAPPING MY XBOX CONTROLLER BECAUSE IT HAS DIFFERENT INPUT BUTTONS AND NAME. IT APPEARS THAT MY XBOX CONTROLLER WAS RECOGNIZED AS A GENERIC GAMEPAD CONTROLLER ON GAMES. I TRIED USING IT ON WIRED CONNECTION AND WAS WORKING FINE, HOWEVER IT WAS NOT THE...
  9. Bluetooth game controller won't connect

Bluetooth game controller won't connect: Hello. I got a chinese brand game controller, it's a JYS NS126. I can connect it with wires no problem, it appears as a xbox 360 controller. But when I try to conect it with bluetooth it does not work. Windows finds it, it pairs with the name of Pro Controller, but after the...
  10. No vibration Xinput

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No vibration Xinput: I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and there's no vibration for it in any game or any program. I don't know why. 11362