Windows 10: Wanting To Reinstall Windows 10 On My Desktop And Make It A Media PC

Discus and support Wanting To Reinstall Windows 10 On My Desktop And Make It A Media PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is the plan I want to remove everything from my current desktop PC including the current windows 10 and then reinstall the windows with the best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dawn121988, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Wanting To Reinstall Windows 10 On My Desktop And Make It A Media PC

Here is the plan I want to remove everything from my current desktop PC including the current windows 10 and then reinstall the windows with the best latest version of updates. I do not plan to place apps or programs on the desktop other then a media player like VLC and then I also plan to put a VLC media player skin on it as well hopefully. I also plan to make a few changes to the PC while it has internet.

I do not want it to get updated until new good updates that are actually needed are out. Otherwise I plan to keep it off the internet and only used to plan DVDs and media from USB flash drives mostly. I will put a wallpaper and screen saver and such but otherwise nothing much will really be stored on the desktop.

I do want to keep it as fast as possible so anything that is not needed that comes with the original download of the windows 10 when I reinstall the windows will be removed.

So here is what I want to know?

(1) When I reinstall windows what are some of the programs that comes with it that I can delete?
    (2) What is the best way to upgrade the PC do I just reinstall windows and then let the windows fully install and then check for updates that are currently available? Or is there a way to get only the current best updates even if there a bit older? Plus should I check the manufactures website to find out what is all inside my desktop and check each thing for updates?
    (3) What is the best way to reinstall windows 10 on my desktop so that I can keep it running smoothly without needing to keep updating from the internet since there wont be a internet connection to the desktop?
    (4) IS there a way to stop annoying interruptions from occurring while on the desktop? Such as on the right hands side of the screen sometimes when a video starts playing there is a notification saying that a video has started playing even though I know it started because I started it myself. I want to stop all these kinds of notifications and popups and such. I just want to watch stuff without being annoyed by interruptions.

I hope this can make sense to some of you because I just want the desktop for media since it is not all that new anymore and I don't want to take it apart to upgrade things on it or take it to the shop to have things done to it. Its not worth it in my book its also 10 years old or so and I want to use it until I can't anymore.

So I hope this makes sense.

Thank You for reading this post and responding. Plus if there are any tutorials you can point me to that would be great thank you.

Plus if there is a way to install just the windows without the programs like word and icons like netflix and amazon and such that would be great if that is even possible. I don't know much about how the windows comes other then the windows that comes with apps and programs already installed.

Thank you again for reading this.

:)

Dawn121988, Jun 15, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Wanting To Reinstall Windows 10 On My Desktop And Make It A Media PC

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Wanting To Reinstall Windows 10 On My Desktop And Make It A Media PC

1. Wanting To Reinstall Windows 10 On My Desktop And Make It A Media PC - Similar Threads - Wanting Reinstall Desktop

2. I want to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to reinstall windows 10: My computer used to have Windows 10 and I still have the activation code. I currently use Windows 11 and I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows without keeping any of my current files. If I reinstall Windows 11 from the Microsoft site, will I be able to use that activation...
  3. I want to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall windows 10: My computer used to have Windows 10 and I still have the activation code. I currently use Windows 11 and I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows without keeping any of my current files. If I reinstall Windows 11 from the Microsoft site, will I be able to use that activation...
  4. I want to make my PC run faster, but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to make my PC run faster, but...: My Gaming laptop has slow internet speeds, but when I run a speed test, it shows over 100 megabytes (or maybe megabits, I'm not entirely sure) per second, for both download and upload, which are accurate, because that's the speed shown on multiple devices and with multiple...
  5. Windows 10 reinstall from media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall from media: I have installed kali linux for some time, didn’t like it and tried to install windows again from a usb drive dut it shows me this error when i boot from it : “this is not a bootable disk. Please insert a bootable floppy and press any key to try again ...” pleeaaase help me...
  6. New pc, wanting to reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition, but it's not on my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc, wanting to reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition, but it's not on my account.: I recently built a new pc, and I was hoping to reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition, I had it on my old pc, but never played it. And while mojang says I already claimed my copy, the microsoft store disagrees. Basically, I redeemed my free copy, as my account was made...
  7. reinstall windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    reinstall windows 10 media player: reinstall windows 10 media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-media-player/1accb9a9-4693-44e3-b913-97998139024e
  8. I want to make Firefox my default browser on my Windws 10 Desktop?

I want to make Firefox my default browser on my Windws 10 Desktop?: I want to make Firefox Browser my default browser for my Windows 10 Desktop. How do I make that happen? Ruth 801 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-firefox-my-default-browser-on-my/8a385619-81fa-4994-b5ce-31fa4f2a4366
  9. I want reinstall my PC and want to get win10 pro key

I want reinstall my PC and want to get win10 pro key: Dear Sir, I reinstall my pc and how do I get the win 10 pro key or what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-reinstall-my-pc-and-want-to-get-win10-pro/0252476c-743b-4881-8aa2-c7cc5b96b04e
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 with this media

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall Windows 10 with this media: How to: Reinstall Windows 10 with this media How to Reinstall Windows 10 with this media [img] Information Reinstall Windows 10 with this media is a new option in advanced startup that allows you to quickly reinstall Windows 10 keeping only the existing user accounts...