Windows 10: Wanting to remove or change current administrator account!

Discus and support Wanting to remove or change current administrator account! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I.. remove the administrator info and account? My device was set by my partner whome put his info in the computer as administrator ,and i do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elena angel, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Wanting to remove or change current administrator account!

How do I..

remove the administrator info and account?

My device was set by my partner whome put his info in the computer as administrator ,and i do not know how to change or remover the profile ..

Can someone give me a walk through i have a hp pavilion with windows ten

:)

elena angel, Aug 17, 2019

2. Removing/changing Administrator

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear about the loss.

Before assisting we would like to know:

The account you are speaking about is it a Microsoft Administrator Account or a Local Administrator Account?

• If it is a Microsoft Administrator Account then Password cannot be removed.

• In order to remove the Password Protection for a Local Administrator Account you would need to Enable the Build In Administrator Account. This will help you in removing the Password.

• To Enable the Build In Administrator Account Please follow the below steps:

As per the Description you have mentioned as you see an error as "change settings are currently unavailable." We would request you to help us with the Screenshot of this error.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link to send a Screen shot in Microsoft Community:

How to include a screenshot in your post

The above steps should be helpful to you, if the issue still persist, then to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Wanting to remove or change current administrator account!

How to change Administrator Account

Hi, Optimusprimally,

Method 1:

To change the administrator account, first create a new account.

After creating a new account, change the administrator account. To change the account, please try this steps:

1. Press the Windows key or click on Windows icon.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Click on Account.

4. Now click on Family and other users.

5. Click on the user account you are willing to change.

6. There you will find an option to change the account type. Click on it and make it to administrator account.

To remove your account, follow this steps:

• Press the Windows key or click on Windows icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Account.

• Now click on Family and other users.

• Click on the user account you are willing to remove.

• Click on Delete account and data for confirmation.

Note: Before deleting your account, please change the new user account type to administrator.

Method 2:

Press Winkey + R to open Run Box

Type Netplwiz > Press Ok or Enter

You will see a User Account box listing all users on the system

Click on the Existing Administrators Account > Select Properties

You will see Group Membership Options where you may make the current Administrator a Standard User

Before you Change Administrator, ensure you make one of the User accounts the Administrator Account

Click Apply, Ok

Method 3: This does not work on Windows 10 Home Version

Press Winkey + R > to open Run Box

Type lusrmgr.msc > Press Ok or Enter

New Dialog window appears

Click on Groups > Click on Administrators

You will see Administrators listed

You can add an Administrator or You can remove one

Removing the current Administrator does not remove them from the device, just from the Administrator Group

Click Remove

Click Apply, Ok

Smittychat., Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Wanting to remove or change current administrator account!

1. Wanting to remove or change current administrator account! - Similar Threads - Wanting remove change

2. Removing administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing administrator account: I have been wanting to remove this administrator user on my PC for some time but am unable to, and I do not want to have to create a new user and redo all of my files for all of my games and stuff. is there any way to remove that administer users?...
  3. remove/ switch current administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove/ switch current administrator: hey how do i switch the administrator or remove the current administrator account and make a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-switch-current-administrator/6a16cf6a-0acf-4315-a066-275edc28379b
  4. Removal of administrator account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removal of administrator account: I have to remove the account of the administrator of this account because he's deceased. I'd like to take over the administration role on this computer. Could you please assist me through this difficult time?...
  5. remove administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove administrator account: I need to remove my account as administrator from a Windows 10 Laptop PC that is to be used by another person. What steps do I need to take please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-administrator-account/bf6237b2-7bb4-44e9-9200-5208ad5dcfd8"
  6. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  7. want to change administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    want to change administrator: change admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-administrator/4771555d-6d7c-40a2-9db7-d5a2f3b5e2c6
  8. Removing Administrator Account

Removing Administrator Account: Hello, I have reset my laptop which have windows 10 education installed on it and and loged in with my university account then I installed many programs and apps on it. What I want to do now is to make another account then make it administrator and login into it then (using...
  9. Removing an administrator account

Removing an administrator account: My parents bought themselves a new PC, for them to be able to use Microsoft Word and such, I signed in with my account. Now their PC and as well as my laptop have administrative uses. I don't want their PC to have my administrative use how do I remove my account from their PC...
  10. removal of administrator account

removal of administrator account: As a pastor of a church we were given an HP 23-q114 computer with Windows 10. The person donating the computer to us did not remove themselves as an administrator. How do I go about cleaning the computer and adding myself as the sole administrator?...