Windows 10: Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer

Discus and support Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wanting to remove Quick Access in Explorer, was instructed to change value of LaunchTo from 1 to 0 . LaunchTo is not in my registry according to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by meebers, Mar 12, 2019.

1. meebers Win User

Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer

Wanting to remove Quick Access in Explorer, was instructed to change value of LaunchTo from 1 to 0 . LaunchTo is not in my registry according to the below pic.

:)

meebers, Mar 12, 2019

2. explorer quick access bar folder removal

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow these simple steps to bring back the old This PC view in Windows 10 File Explorer:

1. Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on
    Options.

2. Now to remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access/Home view, uncheck following 2 options present under
    Privacy section:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
    It'll immediately remove these 2 sections from Quick Access view in File Explorer.

Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer [​IMG]

3. If you want to completely get rid of Quick Access/Home view from File Explorer, change the option "Open File Explorer to" from "Quick access" to "This PC" using drop-down list. It'll
    set the old This PC view as default in File Explorer and you'll always have disk drives page visible whenever you open File Explorer.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 12, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer - Similar Threads - Wanting remove Quick

2. I want Windows Explorer to show the last folder accessed in the quick access menu,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Windows Explorer to show the last folder accessed in the quick access menu,...: I want Windows Explorer to show the last folder accessed in the quick access menu, as soon as I access it the first time. I think this capability was available in Windows 7, but now the folders only show up in Quick Access after 3 or 4 accesses, and by that time, I do not...
  3. I want Windows Explorer to show the last folder accessed in the quick access menu,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Windows Explorer to show the last folder accessed in the quick access menu,...: I want Windows Explorer to show the last folder accessed in the quick access menu, as soon as I access it the first time. I think this capability was available in Windows 7, but now the folders only show up in Quick Access after 3 or 4 accesses, and by that time, I do not...
  4. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  5. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  6. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  7. Removed folder won't go away from Quick Access in Explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed folder won't go away from Quick Access in Explorer.: So I have a folder called ''Downloads'' which I first had in a partition. I removed that partition (with all it's files), but the folder stayed in Quick Acces. When I right-click on it the option the remove it from Quick Access just doesn't work... Anybody knows what to do?...
  8. Quick Access folder removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  9. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  10. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...