Windows 10: Wanting to restore "going back to windows 7" without touch-pad/mouse

Discus and support Wanting to restore "going back to windows 7" without touch-pad/mouse in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have an ASUS U57a that I have just loaded Window 10. Everything looked ok, but the touch-pad/mouse does not work nor can I get mouse key to work. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Scott65, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Scott65 Win User

Wanting to restore "going back to windows 7" without touch-pad/mouse

I have an ASUS U57a that I have just loaded Window 10. Everything looked ok, but the touch-pad/mouse does not work nor can I get mouse key to work. At this point I just want to restore back to Windows 7 but I can not navigate because I do not have a mouse. I one time by chance got the process started but then was stuck because I could not move in the dialog box. Any thoughts?

:)

Scott65, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Rod-4838 Win User

Touch Pad settings enabled at "start-up".

Windows 10 doesn't have some of the icons and or buttons you reference. Uninstalling the driver for the Synoptics touch pad in my HP Touchsmart 15 almost left me without a mouse pad. I still have the problem.

Rod-4838, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Touchpad goes crazy on startup

Hello, I got as far as the "Right Click HID-Compliant touch pad" step. I was not able to find an option for HID-Compliant touch pad. The closest option was "HID-Compliant touch screen". Since I did not find the option for "HID-Compliant touch pad", I restarted
    back into normal mode. note, the mouse (controlled by touchpad) did not move everywhere upon startup into normal mode.

TylerBendicion, Aug 3, 2015
  4. jimmytiel Win User

Boot in safe mode and plug in basic wired usb mouse and kb

jimmytiel, Aug 3, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    It's not that difficult to navigate arouond Windows with just the keyboard but to make it easier do this.

Use the keyboard navigate to Settings->Ease of Access->Mouse and enable the numeric keypad to control the mouse pointer. Use the Windows Key, arrow keys, tab and return to accomplish this.

Then, try and sort out the touchpad or do whatever.

Thema:

1. Wanting to restore "going back to windows 7" without touch-pad/mouse - Similar Threads - Wanting restore going

2. Touch Pad/Mouse Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Pad/Mouse Settings: Hello. Is there a way to automatically disable the touch pad when an external mouse is used? I believe there used to be one. I remember when I plug the receiver in for my mouse the touch pad is disabled. And when I remove the receiver for the mouse the touch pad is...
  3. Touch pad / mouse is not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad / mouse is not responding: Hi My laptop is not responding to the mouse clicks, I am using the touch pad and tried a wireless mouse, still the same problem.. When I click on anything it doesn't make any difference, even the hover is not appearing.. Sometimes it works when I restart it, others it...
  4. touch pad mouse drifting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch pad mouse drifting: Hello, I am currently having trouble with my mouse. I have a touchpad and my mouse is drifting to either the bottom left corner or the top right corner. I have checked all computer updates, I have tried disabling and reenabling the mouse pad. I have cleaned the area. I...
  5. Internal Mouse-touch pad mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Mouse-touch pad mouse?: Can anyone tell me how to turn off the internal mouse pad/touchpad??? I am using an external mouse and always do; have never had a problem before with this transaction. This is a new laptop for me, it is a Lenovo running on 10S. I am obviously not very attuned to the terms...
  6. touch pad and mouse problem

touch pad and mouse problem: Hi , I got a mew surface laptop 3 but the touch pad and the mouse is not working properly what I have to do ? and as I have 128 SSD what cloud system is good for me to use . any other recommended thing to know please . thank you. ashu...
  7. mouse and touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse and touch pad: I recently went in and changed my pointer to a custom one and ever sense then when I start up my pc the mouse seems to be invisible. The mouse still works when I cant see it but its a pain to go into settings and re select my mouse every time I start it up. What ive been...
  8. Mouse and touch pad Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and touch pad Issue: My wife and I have identical laptops (I am running Windows 10 Home and she has Windows 10 Pro) and are experiencing the same problem. Periodically the mouse and touch pad stop functioning. The pointer can be moved around the screen but the "click" function does not work. The...
  9. Mouse and touch pad

Mouse and touch pad: I bought a new mouse. When I plug I install it into the usb port I am not able to automatically disable the touch pad. It's driving me crazy. Why is this so complicated?...
  10. Touch pad Mouse

Touch pad Mouse: Need help with my mouse. During data input, mouse moves and will click on other menus and/or access the cut and paste options. In my word processor, I have lost blocks of data. The same problems happen online on several websites requiring data entry. Really need answer....