Windows 10: wanting to set up a vpn

Discus and support wanting to set up a vpn in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been thinking lately about wanting to set up a vpn on my home network, kinda for added security and kinda because everyone I know is using one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KC9MSG, Oct 2, 2018.

1. KC9MSG Win User

wanting to set up a vpn

I have been thinking lately about wanting to set up a vpn on my home network, kinda for added security and kinda because everyone I know is using one, however I have at and t for internet and not sure if there are any that work on at and t. anyone have any suggestions on how to set up a vpn on at and t uverse internet, we have 2 windows 10 laptops and a mac desktop plus 2 iphones and one android that use the wifi.

:)

KC9MSG, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 2, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin wanting to set up a vpn :D

P4-630, Oct 2, 2018
  4. newconroer Win User

wanting to set up a vpn

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

wanting to set up a vpn

1. wanting to set up a vpn - Similar Threads - wanting set vpn

2. Windows 10 VPN settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 VPN settings: Hello, I have been having an issue with VPN connections on some windows 10 Machines, this does not happen on windows 7 and while not all Windows 10 Machines are affected it seems this is the only common factor. The issue is as follows: VPN is setup initially either from...
  3. wanting to set up a vpn

wanting to set up a vpn: I have been thinking lately about wanting to set up a vpn on my home network, kinda for added security and kinda because everyone I know is using one, however I have at and t for internet and not sure if there are any that work on at and t. anyone have any suggestions on how...
  4. Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect

Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect: Hello, I've been having issues setting a VPN in w10. I keep getting this error when I try to connect: "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec...
  5. Windows 1803 wants me to set up a PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 1803 wants me to set up a PIN: Every time I log on I am redirected to a page that asks me to set up a PIN. There is no option to refuse, only a "remind me later" button. I don't want to set up a pin. I can remember my password very well thankyou. It is very annoying that logging on is delayed every time by...
  6. Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen: I am setting up my wifes new laptop and she has never had to enter a password so that isd how she wants it to stay. My googling resulted in me unticking a box re needing a password, and when the laptop startys up its fine, straight to the desktop, but then when it times out...
  7. Setting up Backup on New HD, but don't want to reformat a partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Setting up Backup on New HD, but don't want to reformat a partition: I haven't yet fully restored Outlook from a recovery. (I did restore it, but I have to recover it again.) In attempting to set up a new backup, the drive has an unformatted primary partition. It may contain the recovery image I need, so I don't want to format it. As a...
  8. How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to?

How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to?: Hi, Using Windows 10 I've set up a VPN server at home. The idea is not to hide my IP, but to use my own network IP when at work etc. Hence I do not use VPN providers or similar. I think it uses PPTP (?) connection. After upgrading my iPad and iPhone to iOS 10 this...
  9. How can I set up VPN, with password, at home?

How can I set up VPN, with password, at home?: Hi, I was wondering if there exists a tutorial or similar that show me how I can set up a VPN, with password, using a laptop running Windows 10 at home. I'd like to connect to this VPN at home using another laptop, also running Windows 10, at work. This was at least...
  10. VPN problems as sets connection as public

VPN problems as sets connection as public: Trying to set up my windows 10 pro laptops to connect to work via PPTP as have the IP address and my log in this works on windows 8.1 and windows 7 and my iPad. On the laptops one is on the works domina the other is not as my home machine, the VPN will connect but to start...