Windows 10: Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system

Discus and support Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I am running an AMD Ryzen 9* 5950X, 128 RAM, and a 3090RTX. Is there any information about why Windows 10 doesn't approve my system to update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bkxt, Feb 6, 2023.

1. bkxt Win User

Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system

Hi. I am running an AMD Ryzen 9* 5950X, 128 RAM, and a 3090RTX. Is there any information about why Windows 10 doesn't approve my system to update to 11? This is a work computer I do not own, so to do the switch, I need to be sure everything will run in terms of drivers and compatibility of every single component. How to do that? Thank you

:)

bkxt, Feb 6, 2023

2. I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay w10. How do I remain on w10 and receive update for w10?

I have attempted upgrading from w10 to w11 so so many times l now want to quite and stay w10. How do I remain on w10 and receive update for w10?

MikeKenny48, Feb 6, 2023
  3. w10 start menu in w11

Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly accessible, instead of an 'All program' button. I just want program folders shown to me directly but not must click a button. Come on MS, why always remove good things and bring bad habits back? At least give people a choice in Settings.

KriegsmarinaN, Feb 6, 2023
  4. dummycomp Win User

Serious Bluetooth issues after updating to W11 from W10

Windows 11 21H2 updated from Windows 10

on an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop i7-9700

In W10, I had no trouble with Bluetooth

After Update to W11 = (major) Bluetooth Issues

Bluetooth devices all get easily recognised and connected to W11

(W11 shows the device is connected = and the device shows it is connected)

However, this is where the issues start:

Problem 1

There is no sound!

= To get a sound I have to disconnect and remove the device from W11 list = and then reconnect = then I get sound through device = BUT:

Problem 2

The sound is always FULL VOLUME

Solutions tried:

I have tried (several times) uninstalling drivers and after a new start, Windows 11 has reinstalled drivers:

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) (10.0.22000.1)

Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter (1.8.1037.3005)

Realtek(R) Audio (6.0.9163.1)

I have also uninstalled audio drivers and reinstalled (several times)

Other solutions tried:

1. I have tried setting the sound to a low value = restarting computer = still full volume (tried several+ times)
    2. I have tried setting the sound to a low value = removing the device from the list = reconnecting OR = first restarting the computer
    3. Tried many variations of above
    = always full or nearly full volume

Another incident I got with this:

One time it appeared to have worked = volume was at previous set low volume = I thought it was fixed = listened to music (sound was low but I had some doubt about the quality of sound) = after about three songs the next song was slightly louder (but not much) but because I was listening with headphones, I wanted to turn it down just one setting = pressed the minus key to turn down one setting = as soon as I pressed the minus button it sprang to full volume (damaging my ears)

I have run DISM / RestoreHealth to make sure there is no system corruption

I have had to stop using Bluetooth devices as I cannot find and resolve problem.

(I have to say that I am also not that happy with the audio sound since updating to W11 = it is too variable when using over browser = sometimes the sound is as good as it was in W10 = but often I have to turn it real high to hear properly)

dummycomp, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system - Similar Threads - Wanting switch W10

2. Switching from W10 Desktop PC to W10 or W11 Laptop for use with Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from W10 Desktop PC to W10 or W11 Laptop for use with Smart TV: I have a W10 desktop pc that is not upgradeable to W11; however, I’m planning to switch to a laptop so I can use it with a smart tv. Should I buy a laptop with W10, transfer my files to it, & then upgrade to W11, or will I be able to transfer my files from my desktop to a...
  3. Switching from W10 Desktop PC to W10 or W11 Laptop for use with Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from W10 Desktop PC to W10 or W11 Laptop for use with Smart TV: I have a W10 desktop pc that is not upgradeable to W11; however, I’m planning to switch to a laptop so I can use it with a smart tv. Should I buy a laptop with W10, transfer my files to it, & then upgrade to W11, or will I be able to transfer my files from my desktop to a...
  4. Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system

Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system: Hi. I am running an AMD Ryzen 9* 5950X, 128 RAM, and a 3090RTX. Is there any information about why Windows 10 doesn't approve my system to update to 11? This is a work computer I do not own, so to do the switch, I need to be sure everything will run in terms of drivers and...
  5. Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wanting to switch from W10 to W11 unable to do it even with a high end system: Hi. I am running an AMD Ryzen 9* 5950X, 128 RAM, and a 3090RTX. Is there any information about why Windows 10 doesn't approve my system to update to 11? This is a work computer I do not own, so to do the switch, I need to be sure everything will run in terms of drivers and...
  6. transferring programs etal from W10 to w11

transferring programs etal from W10 to w11: I've purchased a new computer with W11 OS. My existing Computer is W10 OS. Is there a procedure that I can use to transfer my applications e.g. FireFox, Chrome, Mcafee, etc completely instead of reinstalling them in the new computer?...
  7. Licensing from w10 to w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing from w10 to w11: Hi!I have a question regarding activation,I currently have windows 10 PRO activated with a Retail key, I do have the option to upgrade in my "settings > update&security" which I guess my key will be intact and windows 11 will be activated. My question is > What if I freshly...
  8. Licensing from w10 to w11

Licensing from w10 to w11: Hi!I have a question regarding activation,I currently have windows 10 PRO activated with a Retail key, I do have the option to upgrade in my "settings > update&security" which I guess my key will be intact and windows 11 will be activated. My question is > What if I freshly...
  9. Micro Stutter on high end system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Micro Stutter on high end system.: Hi There,Thank you for your time and I hope you're safe and happy. I've had a problem with a micro-stutter for at least 6 months now. System info is attached. Not noted there is also an AMD Radeon RX580 8Gb DDR5 GPU. The computer is under warranty with DELL and every single...
  10. Switching three W10 systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching three W10 systems: Hello - This might start out like a jumbled mess but hopefully I'll be able to clarify so please bear with me. I have three systems A, B & C A is main system running W10 Pro 64 and 3770K - w10 was purchased from MS store B is secondary running W10 Home 64 and 980X - w10...