Windows 10: Wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, What licensing is needed for a particular setup?

Discus and support Wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, What licensing is needed for a particular setup? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, and I'm not the greatest with networking and servers. I have a setup of about 10 computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KieranWhite00, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, What licensing is needed for a particular setup?

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, and I'm not the greatest with networking and servers.

I have a setup of about 10 computers and 1 server, passed down from someone else who set it up. This 1 server has an "image" of the setup I need on all the computers. I'm wanting to upgrade to Windows 10 on these computers and update the server but I am unsure what licensing I need.

These computers are used by people to test their software skills and internal workings of operating systems and so sometimes they get broken. This is where I have to re-image them from BIOS, using the "Image" on the server. What I am asking is;

Does the Windows Server 2019 license do this?

and

Do I need 10 separate Windows10 Licenses, Or can I use one License and then re-image to multiple computers?

Any other suggestions would be very appreciated

Thank you

:)

KieranWhite00, Feb 24, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Feb 24, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Ungari Win User

Wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, What licensing is needed for a particular setup?

I wager that this "deadline" will be extended as the goal is to get everyone on Win 10 whether they want it or not.

Ungari, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, What licensing is needed for a particular setup?

1. Wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, What licensing is needed for a particular setup? - Similar Threads - Wanting upgrade licensing

2. I need help finding what is causing a particular sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help finding what is causing a particular sound.: I've got a new Precision 7550 laptop running Windows 11, but there's this problem that's been driving me crazy.Here's the deal: Whenever I'm on the desktop screen and press any key on my keyboard, I hear the Windows "Asterisk" sound. It's really frustrating, but thankfully it...
  3. I need help finding what is causing a particular sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help finding what is causing a particular sound.: I've got a new Precision 7550 laptop running Windows 11, but there's this problem that's been driving me crazy.Here's the deal: Whenever I'm on the desktop screen and press any key on my keyboard, I hear the Windows "Asterisk" sound. It's really frustrating, but thankfully it...
  4. Want to Upgrade for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Upgrade for windows 10: I want to upgrade to windows 10 but how mutch it cost for upgrading it from windows 7 to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-upgrade-for-windows-10/56f313ad-f909-4495-b51e-2fb241c193a5
  5. Want to Upgrade for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Upgrade for windows 10: I want to upgrade to windows 10 but how mutch it cost for upgrading it from windows 7 to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-upgrade-for-windows-10/56f313ad-f909-4495-b51e-2fb241c193a5
  6. Need help with Windows 10 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with Windows 10 Setup: Trying to fresh install Windows 10 from my old Windows 7[IMG] What screen I get when I select upgrade: [IMG] [IMG] What screens I get after I select Custom: says Windows cant be installed on both drives...
  7. Windows 10 setup/upgrade

Windows 10 setup/upgrade: I have tried several times to run the Windows 10 setup tool to upgrade from 7 to 10. I get through all steps except what I believe is the last. I get to Getting Updates. The sub title under the folder is checking for updates. I get to 46% each time and it stalls and just...
  8. What needs your attention Windows 10 Setup notification

in Windows 10 News
    What needs your attention Windows 10 Setup notification: [ATTACH] When Windows Update installs a new Feature Update on your Windows10 computer, it makes sure that everything is compatible with the next version. This includes compatibility issue with a driver, hardware, app, feature, or privacy setting. Most of the partners are...
  9. What happens to Win7 License after upgrading to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens to Win7 License after upgrading to Windows 10?: I have a Family 3-Pack of Windows 7 Home Premium installed and activated on 3 PCs using the same Product Key. If I upgrade one of the PCs to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, does that free up one of the Windows 7 licenses to use on another PC? 36816
  10. Need help to setup windows 10

Need help to setup windows 10: Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3 (originally bought with Win 8). Few weeks ago I updated it to Windows 10 and now Windows 10 is working fine (even if slowly). I want to format my hard drive and setup again Windows 10 (the classic setup, not just an update... so yes, I will...