Windows 10: Wanting to use a local account

Discus and support Wanting to use a local account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and want to switch to using a local account, but when I bring up my account info, the saying "Switch to a local account" is no where... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Morris8588, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Wanting to use a local account

I have windows 10 and want to switch to using a local account, but when I bring up my account info, the saying "Switch to a local account" is no where to be found. It shows up on my other computers, just not this one. Any thoughts why it isn't there and what can I do to switch to a local account? Thanks

:)

Morris8588, Feb 22, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Wanting to use a local account

Windows 10 - Want to revert back to local account logon from Microsoft account but can't

Hello Jill,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Toe be able to assist you better, let us know the app are you referring to in this case.

Now, I suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the Local user account exists or not. Please follow below.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

If not, I suspect that the Local user account you were using has been connected to the Microsoft Account you own.

To convert the account back to Local User account, I suggest you to follow the below steps:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

• It will then prepare your local account and your Microsoft account will be disconnected.

Let us know the results.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Wanting to use a local account

1. Wanting to use a local account - Similar Threads - Wanting local account

2. I want to use Microsoft Organization Account on windows 10 pro and also local account on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to use Microsoft Organization Account on windows 10 pro and also local account on...: Hi I create two accounts on Windows 10 Pro-- One is Microsoft Organization Account and local account under others like following picture [ATTACH] But When I want to switch the accounts from Microsoft account to Local account then there is option for local account like...
  3. Use microsoft store on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use microsoft store on local account: I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work. How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909 submitted by /u/f36a [link]...
  4. use local account instead

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    use local account instead: I recently signed in to my microsoft accunt on my notebook, and now I'm forced to login using my microsoft account which i don't want to. So I tried to changing settings in user accounts to permit me login with my local account instead, but whenever i get to the ''current...
  5. Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  6. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  7. Using Local and MS accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  8. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...
  9. using local password with microsoft account

using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...
  10. Use Local account with Windows Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Local account with Windows Store: How to: Use Local account with Windows Store How to Use Store without Switching to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...