Windows 10: Wants to lock my stolen laptop.

Discus and support Wants to lock my stolen laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop has been stolen. I am trying to lock it but it ahow the that microsoft will let you know when they lock it. Its being two days its still not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yasmeen.J, Mar 21, 2020.

1. yasmeen.J Win User

Wants to lock my stolen laptop.

My laptop has been stolen. I am trying to lock it but it ahow the that microsoft will let you know when they lock it. Its being two days its still not locked. And they show no location on map bcz its disabled. Wht should i do now???

:)

yasmeen.J, Mar 21, 2020
  2. CDesign Win User

stolen windows 10 laptop.

My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning.

Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went to Microsoft support site and it showed the last location that my laptop was used at. I clicked on Lock button. Microsoft said they can't locate my device, but will send me an email
    when my laptop has been detected. Will Microsoft automatically Lock my laptop when it has been activated, and connected to internet, or will i have to go back to the support site and click on lock button again? What exactly happens when Microsoft locks a stolen
    device, does it make it difficult for thieves to access my laptop. Does Microsoft have the capability to remote wipe the hard-drive of my laptop, using port to port process? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially advice on any options for
    wiping the hard-drive of my laptop using port to port, or software. I have no tracking software

installed on laptop.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Christoph

i

CDesign, Mar 21, 2020
  3. linda--me Win User
    Laptop was stolen

Hi, everyone. My laptop was stolen, is it any ideas to lock my laptop?

linda--me, Mar 21, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Stolen laptop

Hi MilaW24

I am sorry this has happened to you, changing you password was the correct thing to do and will not affect your ability to lock your laptop remotely . . .

However, in order for you to lock your laptop remotely, it must be online and still using your Microsoft Account

The sad truth is laptops are stolen in order to re-sell them for cash . . .

When a laptop is stolen it is most likely wiped within an hour of being stolen, so if the thief is caught with the laptop, it cannot be traced and proven it is actually stolen

While this is no consolation to you, it does mean that statistically you do not need to worry about anyone accessing your data, it will have long since been deleted by the thief

You can continue to try locking that laptop, should it appear online on the 'Find My PC' web page',it is however, unlikely that will happen . . .

DaveM121, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Wants to lock my stolen laptop. - Similar Threads - Wants lock stolen

2. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  3. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  4. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen: hi there. My laptop was stolen on the 07/10/2021 and ever since that day I tried to lock my laptop under find my device. In the beginning it said 'we having a problem locking your device, Microsoft will send you a message to your outlook email address' Now when i am trying to...
  6. Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen: hi there. My laptop was stolen on the 07/10/2021 and ever since that day I tried to lock my laptop under find my device. In the beginning it said 'we having a problem locking your device, Microsoft will send you a message to your outlook email address' Now when i am trying to...
  7. Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not possible to lock stolen laptop?

Not possible to lock stolen laptop?: Hey guys! My laptop was stolen the day before yesterday and i'm trying everything to get it back. At first I could not find its location from the "find my devices" screen. It said that the laptop had 0% battery, so i thought the thief just hadnt turned it on yet. Then i...
  9. Locked Stolen laptop

Locked Stolen laptop: So my laptop was recently stolen and I used the Microsoft find my device being my location services were turned on. On the 12/04/20 it shows that my laptop was successfully locked. So is that meaning that down in the firmware it has been locked? or is it just basic in the...
  10. Can I lock my stolen laptop !

Can I lock my stolen laptop !: Is it possible to lock my stolen Laptop I've tried to on my account devices but doesn't seem to work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-lock-my-stolen-laptop/09a29f9e-44b5-4136-bdee-03c3d199b5b6"