Windows 10: Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance"

Discus and support Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just done Cortana > System > System Control Panel > Advanced system settings > Panel "System Properties" > Tab "Remote" and found "Allow Remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stevekir, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance"

I have just done Cortana > System > System Control Panel > Advanced system settings > Panel "System Properties" > Tab "Remote" and found "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" was checked!.

This can allow intruders to get control of your computer if, unguardedly, you give him details about it. It should be off unless you actually need remote assistance.

Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance" [​IMG]

:)

Stevekir, Sep 5, 2017
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance" :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Sep 5, 2017
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance" :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance" :)

hitch_11, Sep 5, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You don't have to just give people details about your computer - you have to deliberately invite them via control panel (or running msra.exe) and then give them the generated password. That only works for that specific session.

Connections are also blocked in the firewall by default (or were for me anyway on 10 Pro).

It has always been enabled like this since XP and isn't really a security issue as far as I can see (but I do uncheck it also...)

lx07, Sep 5, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User
    To add to Lx07's answer what basically happens is you will send an email that has a link to your computer and when that person clicks on the link a message will appear on your computer screen asking you to confirm that person is allowed to connect, If you press No the person will not be able to connect, Press yes and that person will connect.

Although there is no reason that you should uncheck it there is for most people no reason to leave it checked.

sml156, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. Warning about "Allow Remote Assistance" - Similar Threads - Warning Allow Remote

2. Remote assistance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote assistance issues: Hello, we have a weird remote assistance issue. When a user asks for help, they send the invitation and the password to the admin helper, but it only works inside the network. For example it works between a user in UK office and a user in Spain office but not when one or both...
  3. Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?: What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop? Microsoft offers 3 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 179501
  4. Remote assist.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote assist.: I some times give assistance to a friend using 'Quick Assist', is there anyway I can have my cursor pointer showing on his screen while I move around his PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assist/def2c5f4-b2b1-4ed5-8166-4238096d9b73
  5. Windows Remote Assistance

Windows Remote Assistance: Someone at the Microsoft assistance desk is not authorized to use a Remote Desktop session. Why not? [ATTACH] That's the 6 hour pass above. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSWPJi5lbz55T-WOiCjkF4uNy1l?e=g67NGy That's the invitation file above. They gave me a strange link to LogMeIn...
  6. Remote assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote assistance: My pc was suffering from continuous incomplete updates. I contacted Microsoft and a technician tried to assist remotely on my pc. Whilst trying to solve the issues she uninstalled the wifi driver so I now have no internet connection. The wifi was infact working perfectly...
  7. REMOTE ASSISTANCE

REMOTE ASSISTANCE: Greetings, I've been reading someone's post or question about Remote Assistance. I know what it is & how it works & I believe the long name of it is Windows Remote Assistance. I was just wondering is this the same program that HP uses every time they connect to my own HP...
  8. "Allow remote assistance FROM this PC" setting opens the "allow TO this PC" dialog. Where...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Allow remote assistance FROM this PC" setting opens the "allow TO this PC" dialog. Where...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daho0n [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5z48x/allow_remote_assistance_from_this_pc_setting/
  9. remote assistance

remote assistance: What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49
  10. remote assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remote assistance: what is the easiest way to offer remote assistance from a windows 10 computer to a windows 8 computer? is there a way to connect the two if the receiving windows 8 computer can not access their email or can not grasp the concept of sending an invitation?...