Windows 10: Warning about almost full E-drive, but unable to see anything on it

Discus and support Warning about almost full E-drive, but unable to see anything on it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As far as I know in terms of hardware drives, I have a 250gb SSD and 2tb HDD. However, at This PC - Devices and drives it shows three drives: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinC1991, May 26, 2018.

1. Warning about almost full E-drive, but unable to see anything on it

As far as I know in terms of hardware drives, I have a 250gb SSD and 2tb HDD. However, at This PC - Devices and drives it shows three drives:

Warning about almost full E-drive, but unable to see anything on it [​IMG]

I'm assuming the E-drive is a partition of one of the other two that was split in terms of software.

But I have no idea what this E-drive is or contains. When I open it in the Windows Explorer it shows "This folder is empty", even with "Show hidden files/directories" enabled. And when I use dir through CMD it shows this:

When I try "Disk Cleanup" through its properties, it doesn't show anything either and has 0 bytes of disk space to clean-up. The E-drive also doesn't appear alongside my C and D drives in the "Optimize Drives" window:

And it also doesn't show at Device Manager - Disk drives.

Here is the Storage usage, which isn't very helpful either:

So my questions:
    1. What is this E-drive?
    2. How can I clean it up, so I won't get these annoying "Disk is almost full" warning pop-ups almost every hour..

It became almost full (red) just a few days ago after I received Windows 10's updated policies when I turned on my PC. Most likely they were updated, alongside the Privacy Policies of all kind of forums, due to the new European privacy laws that will start at the end of May 2018.

But since I have no idea what this E drive even is and contains, I have also no idea what it added to make it full now.

Any help (mainly in figuring out what is on this E-drive and how to get rid of the "Disk is full" pop-ups) is appreciated. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Greetings,
    Kevin

:)

KevinC1991, May 26, 2018

2. Can not access disc drive j which is almost full.

Thanks for the support Dave. I used E for Excel' suggestion (see below) which was very similar to yours and no longer see a drive J in File Explorer and am hoping I get no further low storage warnings as before. Appreciate the response.

E for Excel has replied to your question Can not access disc drive j which is almost full. in Microsoft Community.

It has been happening with new update that new drive is getting uncovered and you start getting low space notifications. You can do following to hide it and there will be no harm anywhere.

Type diskpart in Windows Start Search box (Cortana) > Right click on Diskpart and Run as Administrator

Give following command and Enter:

select volume j

Give following command and Enter:

remove letter=j

tommathewson, May 29, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    File History no longer sees internal hard drive

Hi Derek,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to see that drive, I would suggest you to check if it listed in Disk Management utility. Refer to these steps:

a) Press
    Windows key +X, select Disk management.

b) In the new Window, check if the E drive is listed.

c) If it is not listed, please check if you are able to see any other partition with a different letter assigned to it or if there is any other partition
    with unallocated space.

Please get back to us with this information so that we can assist you further.

Jessen P, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Warning about almost full E-drive, but unable to see anything on it

1. Warning about almost full E-drive, but unable to see anything on it - Similar Threads - Warning almost full

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  4. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  5. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. hard drive full but almost no apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive full but almost no apps: I just tried to download an app but it failed so I checked my space and it says I have used over 200 gigabytes I went through and calculated what I should have and it is less than 20 gigabytes Please Help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] these are my largest apps PLEASE HELP...
  7. My One Drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Support
    My One Drive is almost full.: I have just had an email from Microsoft telling me that my One Drive is almost full and an invite to upgrade it. That's fine, but I never wanted it in the first place and would rather get rid of it altogether. Microsoft, like a lot of other organisations take it for granted...
  8. RE: C: Drive is almost full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: C: Drive is almost full: Hello Just one more quick question if I may. My main OS c: is almost full (in the red) new it would happen eventually. A couple of questions one being which is the best option for cleaning the device without loosing personal files and settings. I know there are a few...
  9. E drive is full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E drive is full: Microsoft, why don't you fix this problem. You do everything else remotely. Please fix the problem that concerns "my E drive is full" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/e-drive-is-full/7efe3f7a-b04b-4c36-890f-9d21ca1f9a59
  10. Error message about drive E being full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message about drive E being full: Hi, Ever since the last windows 10 update, I'm getting an error message notification on a regular basis that my drive E is getting full and I'm running out of disk space. When I click the option to clean up the drive to make space, there is nothing there. This is not...