Windows 10: WARNING! Adobe Flash Security Issue

Discus and support WARNING! Adobe Flash Security Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After latest Flash update (27.0.0.130), deleting Firefox cookies affects/resets Flash Global Settings (Control Panel->Flash Player 32bit), without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by werby, Sep 25, 2017.

1. werby Win User

WARNING! Adobe Flash Security Issue

After latest Flash update (27.0.0.130), deleting Firefox cookies affects/resets Flash Global Settings (Control Panel->Flash Player 32bit), without warning.

That means, if you had those settings to "Block...", after cookies deletion, you're going to see its default settings again (Allow.../Ask...).

Also, deleting Internet Explorer cookies causes exactly the same issue even if Flash plugin has not been installed.
    Issue for IE 11 exists before latest Flash update.

Edge cookies deletion does not affect Flash Global Settings.

Adobe promised that issue will be fixed on next update.

:)

werby, Sep 25, 2017
  2. Shilohbob Win User
    Shilohbob, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Fake Adobe Flash Update - Skype users hit too

back on topic: Word of warning - I've just read elsewhere about users deleting
    every "pepper" file thinking they're all fake/dangerous. They're not - some are genuine, linked to add-ons for Goggle Chrome. So please take care and check with experts.

PS Downloading Adobe updates from Adobe should carry a Health Warning. Many renowned experts such as Krebs recommends removing Adobe Flash altogether and both he and Qualys regularly post articles about Flash topping the most flawed/most "security holes"
    list of chocolate teapots.

Taffy087, Sep 25, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Do you have any links to anything about this? It's helpful when posting items of this nature. Thanks.

f14tomcat, Sep 25, 2017
  5. werby Win User
  6. f14tomcat Win User
  7. werby Win User
    Adobe's answer:
    ...This is was an unintended side-effect of another bugfix, and something we take very seriously.
    This issue is fixed, and will ship in the next monthly (patch tuesday, October) update.

werby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WARNING! Adobe Flash Security Issue - Similar Threads - WARNING Adobe Flash

2. Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Flash: Now that Adobe is no longer supporting "Flash" is there a replacement for it for my Windows 10 version 1909 system? I thank you for your advice! *Smile 172562
  3. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adobe flash: adobe flash will not let me download for microsoft edge. so i can play my games it say close chrome even when chrome not open fed up with you might just delete this browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/7c44733d-d983-46df-963e-9d932a0dc0e2
  4. Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Flash: Why doesn't Adobe Flash stay on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/4603b650-8d46-4a81-bb08-d2120fb53a84
  5. Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Flash: Adobe flash installed by Windows 10 at factory. Suddenly it shows up disabled. Followed all instructions, still not working. EXTREMELY frustrating and have literally wasted hours trying to correct. Any new ideas?...
  6. adobe flash

adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  7. Is The Adobe Flash Security Update defective?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is The Adobe Flash Security Update defective?: My browser slows down significantly and drawings or maps do not render on many websites. Gmail is slow and messages don't render immediately upon clicking on a message. I discovered that the culprit is an Adobe Flash Security update KB4516115. Is anyone else experiencing...
  8. adobe flash

adobe flash: I cant stream any videos (youtube, vimeo, etc) nor audio (spotify) with any of my browsers. I usually use edge. adobe flash is enabled but it seems to be unresponsive any help? thank you!...
  9. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from???????????????????? 45869
  10. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I keep getting a notice from Adobe Flash stating that I need to install a critical update in W10 Preview 9879. But it cannot be installed, see attachment. Has anyone else had this problem ? and should one need to download Flash in W10. 3368