Windows 10: Warning AOMEI software -- loads of ads and nagware to "Go Pro"

Discus and support Warning AOMEI software -- loads of ads and nagware to "Go Pro" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there I do HATE these companies that aren't 100% honest up front -- if stuff is PAID Software then say it -- people won't dismiss it if it's stated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Dec 14, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Warning AOMEI software -- loads of ads and nagware to "Go Pro"

Hi there

I do HATE these companies that aren't 100% honest up front -- if stuff is PAID Software then say it -- people won't dismiss it if it's stated up front and is a worthwhile product.

Using the website the Free version of AOMEI partition Assistant it states that this can be used for creating a Windows to Go device (I couldn't use RUFUS as it doesn't like external SSD devices attached to computer to create the Win2GO).

What is a real pain with this is that it goes into the process but after a while a popup comes which says you have to upgrade to the pro / extra version -- try free for xxx days. The popup won't let you continue unless you download the trial.

So I immediately logged off.

To any software developers --I'll publish this sort of behaviour on every website and Forum I use as I think it's despiccable marketing practices -- SAY UP FRONT what a free version will do and what the paid features give you -- don't "sucker" people in with the hope that they will simply go for the upgrade. Hideous practice. I don't care how good the product maybe if it's marketed almost "under false pretences".

So any users here of ANY AOMEI product please DO NOT BUY or RENEW until AOMEI have abolished this marketing practice.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 14, 2019

2. The Aomei Partition Manager

Is Aomei Partition Assistant safe to use?

I have seen previous posts about problems with safe mode, too.

If you suggest a different software, please link me.

Thanks, Dare

DareDeveloper, Dec 14, 2019
  3. John5366 Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade NAGWARE

Am not interested in upgrading to Windows 10 - currently am running Windows 7. Have tried the suggested fix to eliminate NAGWARE - has returned. Other than moving to XUBUNTU - a far better and secure OS - any suggestions?

John5366, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Warning AOMEI software -- loads of ads and nagware to "Go Pro"

Free - AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5

AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5 is free today.

Key features:

• System, disk, partition, files and folders backup and restore;
    • Restore a system backup image to dissimilar hardware;
    • Support full, incremental, differential, and automatic backups;
    • System and disk clone for OS migration or upgrading HDD;
    • Backup using command line prompt or batch scripts;
    • Merge full backup and its associated incremental backups into a single image;
    • Backup disk space management helps delete old backups automatically;
    • Create WinPE or Linux boot recovery environment in case of system fails;
    • Compress, comment, split, encrypt, explore, and check backup images;
    • Support dynamic disk, MBR/GPT disk, and EFI/UEFI boot mode.

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5 - AOMEI Backupper Pro is an easy-to-use backup program for Windows.

These are also free on the same site:

Free partition manager – AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard: http://www.disk-partition.com/free-p...n-manager.html.
    Free backup software – AOMEI Backupper Standard: Free Backup Software for Windows - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
    Free cloud storages management app – MultCloud: Free Multiple Cloud Storage Manager: Manage Multiple Cloud Storage Accounts | MultCloud.
    Free system backup and recovery – AOMEI OneKey Recovery: One Key Recovery - Create a Factory Restore Partition with AOMEI OneKey Recovery.
    Free bootable USB/CD creator – AOMEI PE Builder: AOMEI PE Builder|Create Windows PE bootable disk, USB or CD/DVD, with AOMEI PE Builder.
    Free file system conversion tool – AOMEI NTFS to FAT32 Converter: Convert NTFS to FAT32 without data loss.
    Free network booting tool – AOMEI PXE Boot: Best PXE Boot Software and Network Boot Tool for Windows Systems.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Warning AOMEI software -- loads of ads and nagware to "Go Pro"

1. Warning AOMEI software -- loads of ads and nagware to "Go Pro" - Similar Threads - Warning AOMEI software

2. Free today Aomei Partition Assistant Pro 8.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free today Aomei Partition Assistant Pro 8.5: Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily - includes creating a bootable disk too. 146751
  3. malicious software warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malicious software warning: I use windows defender & the google browser when clicking some facebook videos that are on the side of my page, it activates a malicious software warning & locks my browser & computer The problem is I viewed the same links before & nothing happened Whats going on ? 90681
  4. Is AOMEI BackUpperFull.exe safe?

Is AOMEI BackUpperFull.exe safe?: I recently had my PC technician over to try to backup my pc. He went and got a program called Aomei Backupper. On the site it strangely had the option to download from Cnet so he did. In the end it wasn't to our liking cause it was limited in what it could do so we...
  5. Help needed with AOMEI Backupper

Help needed with AOMEI Backupper: I have just got up the momentum to do a system backup only to find Backupper (Standard) is not showing the C drive. It shows other drives, including the target USB. But it says the program cannot find the system partition. If I try another option it displays all the connected...
  6. Free - AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5

Free - AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5: AOMEI Backupper Pro 2.5 is free today. Key features: System, disk, partition, files and folders backup and restore; Restore a system backup image to dissimilar hardware; Support full, incremental, differential, and automatic backups; System and disk clone for OS...
  7. Aomei Backupper Pro free

Aomei Backupper Pro free: You can get Aomei Backupper Pro on giveaway. The key given at the link also works for the just released Backupper Pro v4.0.2 Seems to be going to the 8th January. AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway 73717
  8. AOMEI Backerupper

AOMEI Backerupper: Just did a clean install of the latest Win10 and tried to install Backerupper but with the latest (1607) of Win 10 the OS is really tightened up on installing any software with un-signed drivers......... My motherboard will not allow turning off of Secure Boot so there is...
  9. Aomei backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Aomei backup: I am trying Aomei backup. When I click on the disc backup it appears that both MBR and C:\ are included but the next step, even after adding the word add, seems to include only C:\. Does anyone know if this invisible MBR is included in the back up? I also would like to ask...
  10. Aomei Partition Assist Pro Free

Aomei Partition Assist Pro Free: There is a giveaway of the Pro version 6.0 WinX DVD?????????Digiarty?6???????????2016Xmas???????????? 73359

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does aomei have ads