Windows 10: WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution?

Discus and support WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm getting warning bars all over my screen, first it was a few then, I unpluged my laptop from the internet and today they seem to have multipled in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yumyum21.q, Mar 3, 2020.

1. WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution?

I'm getting warning bars all over my screen, first it was a few then, I unpluged my laptop from the internet and today they seem to have multipled in numbers. I'm suspecting some sort of data gathering script. I deleted VLC player and ran CCleaner then, I looked into WinRAR but, it was up to date on 5.7 beta since 2019 so, RCE flaw was patched on that version. TheWarning bars seems to want to compress my .mp4 files but its saying "will be compressed only after closing the application useing it" The thing is I keep my laptop protected. I have Malwarebytes, and mcafee Total protection no viruses are getting detected or Malware. I have not opened any emails,or clicked on links not visted flagged sites. This just started on random. One more thing to note is I had cortana randomly activateing a few months ago it spoke a conversion of bit coin to usd. I shutdown all aspects of Cortana at that time. Any ideas on this issue would help.

:)

yumyum21.q, Mar 3, 2020
  2. ashwin Win User

8-puzzle code executes infinitely.

Your solution works! make these changes. Just change comment the first two line of equals and yo did not change the Code: public void equals(EightPuzzle test)[/quote] to Code: public void equals(Object test)[/quote] Now it executes withing 1 second for all the inputs. Superb optimization. Thanks*Smile WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution? :)
    But I would like to get things clarified.
    You have made the following changes :

• in astar() you changed Code: EightPuzzle x = openset.seek();[/quote] to Code: EightPuzzle x = openset.poll();[/quote] .This way you could removed the burden of first peeking and then polling.

• in astar() you converted Code: if(closedset.contains(y)){ continue; } if(!closedset.contains(y)){ openset.add(y); }[/quote] to Code: if (closedset.contains(y)) { continue; } openset.add(y);[/quote] This removed the burden of calling contains two times. Instead you called it only once.
    • BUT in public LinkedList getChildren() of EightPuzzle you just kept one EightPuzzle variable called unified instead of up,right,down,left. And you changed the if statements to do while. Did you make these two change to save memory or does it also make the execution faster? If yes how did these two changes make the execution faster?
    4)

ashwin, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Edge Remote Code Execution (RCE) Bounty Program Expansion

Source: Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Microsoft Edge Remote Code Execution (RCE) Bounty MSRC

Brink, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution?

8-puzzle code executes infinitely.

Without running this in a debugger or seeing actual values as the code executes, this is a bit hard to do in one's head. lol

Given that the first code snippet you posted is where the infinite loop is occurring, it looks one of the two while loops is never returning a false value and exiting.

The While(neighbor.size() > 0) loop doesn't look like the problem as you are removing the head of the list and never putting anything back into it in the loop.

This would cause me to look at the openset.size() value as the code is running. If a situation occurs where after you remove the head of the list (with the openset.poll() call) another node is always being added by the openset.add() call inside the nested while loop, the size of openset would never reach zero and thus loop forever.

I could, of course, be totally confused and wrong. *Big Grin WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution? :D

Kreij, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution?

1. WARNING BARS Remote Code Execution? - Similar Threads - WARNING BARS Remote

2. 3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability: Removed all instances including provisioned of 3DBuilder save for one that is listed as "staged" with no package user info other than {S-1-5-18}. Any way of getting rid of this hopefully via powershell? It seems to be triggering a Tenable.io plugin but I'm wondering if it is...
  3. 3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability: Removed all instances including provisioned of 3DBuilder save for one that is listed as "staged" with no package user info other than {S-1-5-18}. Any way of getting rid of this hopefully via powershell? It seems to be triggering a Tenable.io plugin but I'm wondering if it is...
  4. 3D Builder remote code execution vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. code execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    code execution: Upon startup I receive a popup stating: the code execution cannot proceed because VCOMP 100.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I have no idea of what program that is, or how to find it. Dell PC /Windows 11. Any ideas out there?...
  6. code execution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    code execution: Upon startup I receive a popup stating: the code execution cannot proceed because VCOMP 100.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I have no idea of what program that is, or how to find it. Dell PC /Windows 11. Any ideas out there?...
  7. Workaround for the Windows Print Spooler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Workaround for the Windows Print Spooler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability: Microsoft disclosed a new remote code execution vulnerability in Windows recently that is using the Windows Print Spooler. The vulnerability is actively exploited and Microsoft published two workarounds to protect systems from being attacked. The provided information is...
  8. code execution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    code execution: keep getting MSVCR100.dll when trying to install games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-execution/0b520aeb-9ed4-46c5-b138-705505bd4799
  9. How can I fix Remote Code Execution CVE_2018_8653?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I fix Remote Code Execution CVE_2018_8653?: How do I fix this vulnerability? I was told that I need to fix; but, don't know much about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-remote-code-execution-cve20188653/03ce9343-2ffc-42d9-bebb-6ee996b9ed40"
  10. HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Vulnerability: SUPPORT COMMUNICATION- SECURITY BULLETIN Document ID: c06097712 Version: 2 HPSBHF03589 rev. 2 - HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Notice:: The information in this security bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible. Release date : 01-Aug-2018 Last updated :...