Windows 10: Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info

Discus and support Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to open a website I have gone to many times before and I received a warning I believe it i a scam but it does not hurt to ask "Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VerniaClements, May 15, 2020.

1. Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info

I tried to open a website I have gone to many times before and I received a warning I believe it i a scam but it does not hurt to ask

"Windows Defender Browser Protection

Stop code: Google Chrome Detect Malware Error Report

Security system has detected the threatening attempt to gain access to your bank login and related data but this dangerous connection was blocked with Firewall and further data leak was prevented. We strongly recommend you to perform temporary block of all of your accounts, and take some necessary security measueres.

Despite the timely blocking of the connection, there is still a serious threat of private data stealth. Please, don't wait to respond, every minute is important. There is possibility that virus already hurt your disks or destroyed and stole its data..... "

Of course it says to call a number for Microsoft support.

First it says Windows Defender Browser Protection detected it then it says Google detected it so that I believe is the first mistake and second they should not provide a phone number for Microsoft since we know how to contact them for help.

So am I right in assuming I do not have anything to worry about? I only know that people seem to be able to do almost anything to get money that does not belong to them anymore.

I appreciate all help

:)

VerniaClements, May 15, 2020
  2. DaveySC Win User

Internet Banking Challenge

Your bank may have coincidentally updated their security policy to require challenge questions with each login. This is pretty common and makes it harder for others to gain access to your account.

• Just to make sure check out this link for Firefox to make sure your browsers aren't just deleting your cookies automatically.
      Follow the steps except uncheck "Clear history when Firefox closes" or uncheck cookies in the settings dialog.
    • For Internet Explorer open Internet Options (click the little cog at the top right of the window) and make sure that "Delete browsing history on exit" is unchecked.

DaveySC, May 15, 2020
  3. Cannot gain access in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What do you mean by “cannot gain access”?

• Are you able to boot in to login page?

• What is the status when you enter the password?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

As a work around, if you are using Microsoft Account, I suggest you to connect with internet and check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, May 15, 2020
  4. altae Win User

Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info

How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

To gain write access you need to do two things:
    1. Change ownership (it should be "TrustedInstaller") to an admin account
    2. Grant that account write access

I'm not sure if it works with every admin account or if you need the "real" admin account which is hidden. It can be revealed by entering the following command in elevated cmd: net user Administrator /active:yes (or active:no do hide it again).

altae, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info

1. Warning from site about attempt to gain access to my banking info - Similar Threads - Warning site attempt

2. Help with a banking site issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a banking site issue: Hello I'm having problems logging into my bank account, this has been a issue for several months already. I can put in the username but after that it gives me a black screen with the message <html><b>Your login request was unsuccessful, please try again</b></html> Same thing...
  3. Help with a banking site issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with a banking site issue: Hello I'm having problems logging into my bank account, this has been a issue for several months already. I can put in the username but after that it gives me a black screen with the message <html><b>Your login request was unsuccessful, please try again</b></html> Same thing...
  4. FireFox problems on some banking sites

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox problems on some banking sites: FF Ver85.01b 2 Questions: 1. For some reason some, not all, of my banking accounts (vanguard) will allow me to sign in but when I want to look at account info, all I get is a blank (grey) page. Refreshing does no good. Will work with MS EDGE on this computer, or FF on...
  5. Bank info has changed and i cant access my MS Office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bank info has changed and i cant access my MS Office 365: I can not access MS office on my laptop any longer. I am assuming it is because my bank information changed. How can I get my account back up and running?...
  6. Warning by avast Extension for this site.

in Browsers and Email
    Warning by avast Extension for this site.: Today I noticed I was getting a warning about this site. Just thought i would mention it. The extention is Avast online security, for chrome, firefox edge etc 150141
  7. Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 & Edge blocking access to banking site: I am running Windows 10, all current patches/updates applied and I normally use MS Edge as my primary browser, although I do have Chrome and Firefox as well. At the end of last week MS Edge started preventing me from access on line banking through my banks secure web site. I...
  8. Someone Gain Access to my System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone Gain Access to my System: Split from this thread. I received the same kind of pip up from IP <Link Removed> it says windows blocked security alert from Microsoft need to call +1-844-414-0494 (toll free) . I called and it seemed legitimate . They did get access to my computer to fix problem then...
  9. trouble accessing company banking from home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble accessing company banking from home: Hello, I work from home 2 days a week and need to access the company's banking software in order to view and process payments. However, my IP address keeps changing on each day I access the website, resulting in access being denied. I then need to contact the company...
  10. i recieved a screen warning on my computer about a tiny bank malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i recieved a screen warning on my computer about a tiny bank malware: i recieved a screen warning on my computer about a tiny bank malware and was as to call a third party phone no. and they told me that i needed to protect my firewall and paid $300 to do so was i scammed...