Windows 10: Warning: KB4505903 can cause huge problems!

Discus and support Warning: KB4505903 can cause huge problems! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, KB4505903 is mentioned already a few times here. For me the update simply fails ... and I am glad it does. There seems to be a fix for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by meegjaZT, Jul 30, 2019.

1. meegjaZT Win User

Warning: KB4505903 can cause huge problems!

Okay, KB4505903 is mentioned already a few times here. For me the update simply fails ... and I am glad it does. There seems to be a fix for the install fail but I am keeping away from is as far as possible. Deferred updates for now.

All over the net numerous reports are popping up. I can type what I did read and did hear from friends who are not as lucky as I am, but Windowsreport already has a tiny list: https://windowsreport.com/kb4505903-issues/

I am sure many people are having no problems at all with it but the change of this update freaking up systems is really something that is troublesome. Also wondering why it is released. I am no tester, I don't know the protocols. But seeing all these mentions, it looks a lot of stuff was overlooked?

:)

meegjaZT, Jul 30, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

Atikmdag.sys causing huge problems during startup

Please check ASUS for BIOS updates.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Warning:  KB4505903 can cause huge problems! [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

Please uninstall this program and revert back the changes it made using a restore point or another system backup
    Code:
    Code:
    Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster	Public:Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster	Public
    Please uninstall ASUS software, it is known for causing BSODs

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

3. Warning! new windows update causes blank screen!

Interesting, you post a big warning about an update causing issues, but don't list the specific update? Or any usable info for that matter? Fully up to date here, no problems that I know of.

alphanumeric, Jul 30, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Warning: KB4505903 can cause huge problems! - Similar Threads - Warning KB4505903 cause

2. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  3. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  4. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems: Hello all,I have an Asus Zenbook UX430UA, a pretty good Ultrabook from 2018. I currently have windows 1809 installed because its the only OS that works. I have tried installing linux, and windows version above 1809 but they all cause problems. I know this is not a linux forum...
  6. KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep: Immediately upon rebooting from the installation of this update my computer will not sleep more than 10-20 seconds and immediately goes back to full power. Removing the update makes it sleep PERFECTLY. Does anyone know how to fix this? Are there undocumented setting...
  7. Security Update KB4505903 Taskbar Issue

Security Update KB4505903 Taskbar Issue: Even though I have my taskbar on my desktop set to automatically hide it no longer does except on rare occasions after installing this update. The taskbar even shows over top of games that are on fullscreen and it is becoming a nuisance. I have to restart my pc multiple...
  8. update failure KB4505903

update failure KB4505903: Source Windows Modules Installer Worker Summary CbsPackageServicingFailure2 Date ‎7/‎27/‎2019 7:44 AM Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070003: 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems...
  9. Switching users caused a huge problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching users caused a huge problem: Earlier this evening, I was trying to do something that involved using Microsoft accounts. As I don't know much about Microsoft accounts, and every other stuff out there like Microsoft Store, Outlook, etc. I did everything I could, without asking for help or searching for...
  10. Atikmdag.sys causing huge problems during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Atikmdag.sys causing huge problems during startup: Hello, about 2 weeks ago I upgraded my very good running Win 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. First it worked good but than the problems started. The system froze all of a sudden. OK - reset and go on but it got worse. I could not even start the computer any more because it...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not log in after appling kb4505903

2. kb4505903 warnings

3. problems with kb4505903