Windows 10: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Discus and support Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] Warning: The Petya ransomware strain signaled a new escalation for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 14, 2016.

1. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [​IMG]

Read more: https://threatpost.com/latest-petya-...mischa/118072/

:)

Cluster Head, May 14, 2016

2. Petya/Goldeneye ransomware

Hi JM,

There are three specific steps you can take to mitigate against this new ransomware:

• Ensure you have the latest security updates installed.
    • Ensure you have the latest AV Signatures from your preferred AV vendor.
    • Do not open email/attachments from unknown/untrusted sources

For more information about how the Petya Ransomware works and how to protect your computers against it, please check out this Windows Security blog:

New ransomware, old techniques: Petya adds worm capabilities

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 14, 2016
  3. JMDinOKC Win User
    Petya/Goldeneye ransomware

Running Windows 10 on an HP laptop. This is 6/30/17 and the big scare right now is the Petya/Goldeneye ransomware. I have two questions:

• Will using a VPN decrease vulnerability to this threat? (I use ExpressVPN.)
    • The word is that one major avenue of attack for Petya is through the WMI service. There are various ways of increasing WMI security using the WMI Control. Will doing so decrease vulnerability to the Petya ransomware?
    Thank you.

JMDinOKC, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

1. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa - Similar Threads - Warning Latest Petya

2. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  3. EASE EYE STRAIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    EASE EYE STRAIN: I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-eye-strain/73b779b4-d3cb-477c-a3b9-09e3566e8e57
  4. Petya Attack.

Petya Attack.: There is a new pain in the neck in the wild. Last month it was the “WannaCry” virus wreaking havoc over the internet, and now this week another ransomware exploit is rapidly expanding across Europe and the Ukraine especially. The new variant, dubbed “Petya,” uses the...
  5. Petya ransomware encryption system cracked

Petya ransomware encryption system cracked: Petya ransomware victims can now unlock infected computers without paying. An unidentified programmer has produced a tool that exploits shortfalls in the way the malware encrypts a file that allows Windows to start up. In notes put on code-sharing site Github, he said...
  6. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] See also here: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa 50418
  7. The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse

The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse: Make back ups before it strikes..... The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table. Before encrypting the MFT, Petya replaces the computer's master boot...
  8. Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware [img] Information BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums...
  9. Bad Rabbit ransomware: A new variant of Petya is spreading

in Windows 10 News
    Bad Rabbit ransomware: A new variant of Petya is spreading: Bad Rabbit, a ransomware infection thought to be a new variant of Petya, has apparently hit a number of organisations in Russia and Ukraine. In a tweet, Russian cybersecurity firm Group-IB said that at least three media organisations in the country have been hit by...
  10. Ransomware Warning

in Windows 10 News
    Ransomware Warning: A number of major news websites have seen adverts hijacked by a malicious campaign that attempts to install “ransomware” on users computers The attack, which was targeted at US users, hit websites including the New York Times, the BBC, AOL and the NFL over the weekend....