Windows 10: Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters

Discus and support Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, this just started. I don't know why or what caused it. My settings are fine. The first picture is the warning message I get when I boot my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vgkfan83, Apr 1, 2019.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters

So, this just started. I don't know why or what caused it. My settings are fine. The first picture is the warning message I get when I boot my PC.

Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters [​IMG]

This 2nd picture is my settings after I go where it tells me to go to. The settings look fine to me. The PC just all of a sudden froze, and I turned it off and turned it back on.

Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters [​IMG]

I did reset the default settings in BIOS, but it doesn't help.

:)

vgkfan83, Apr 1, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Apr 1, 2019
  3. warning message when startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the warning message and slow performance. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

It finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if this issue persist.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Method 3: I suggest you to install he pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters

System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters

1. Warning on Start-Up about CSM Parameters - Similar Threads - Warning Start CSM

2. To set up memory parameters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To set up memory parameters?: If it be excused as from a user's point of view...Why an application when running hard can engage full the compressed/physical memory above 93%, when notions of mechanics are likely to imply that a string or some other norm of command can offer an adjustment of a boundary at...
  3. To set up memory parameters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To set up memory parameters?: If it be excused as from a user's point of view...Why an application when running hard can engage full the compressed/physical memory above 93%, when notions of mechanics are likely to imply that a string or some other norm of command can offer an adjustment of a boundary at...
  4. To set up memory parameters?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error about account in parameters : 0x80860010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error about account in parameters : 0x80860010: Hello,I'm in windows 11 and windows keeps telling me "Connect you with your microsft account in order to keep using applications on your devices". I don't why. When I connect, a pop-up opens and tells me "This application made too much request. Click on new attemps to...
  6. Error about account in parameters : 0x80860010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error about account in parameters : 0x80860010: Hello,I'm in windows 11 and windows keeps telling me "Connect you with your microsft account in order to keep using applications on your devices". I don't why. When I connect, a pop-up opens and tells me "This application made too much request. Click on new attemps to...
  7. Disable CSM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable CSM: Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became...
  8. Parameter is incorrect trying to change start up type in services

in Windows 10 Support
    Parameter is incorrect trying to change start up type in services: Hi, after the most recent major update i checked in event viewer to check for any errors, of course there was the usual long list of '10010' and '10016' errors or warnings, i have ignored these in the past but this time decided to do something about them, reading through...
  9. Warning about Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Warning about Onedrive: Onedrive MOVES files and folders (even from other partitions) and place them in a new folder called "Onedrive" in the C: partition. I decided to use onedrive, I figured it was a good way to store docs and files I use on several pc's and phones when out of office. Soon...
  10. Starting Edge brings up screen warning

in Browsers and Email
    Starting Edge brings up screen warning: When I start edge, (Using the new 10240 release) I get a warning screen that says: WARNING: ACDnet Customer - Your PC may have critical security vulnerabilities, Call 8880491-6283 now for IMMEDIATE assistance. There is an OK box on the screen. Clicking on OK takes away the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. csm parameters