Windows 10: Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade

Discus and support Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Something that I just noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, is that System Restore has been disabled on all my computers. It would be wise to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stigg, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Stigg Win User

Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade

Something that I just noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, is that System Restore has been disabled on all my computers.

It would be wise to check your Local Disk (CWarning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade :) System drive is turned on with the default 15% usage.
    That's assuming that you use System Restore. *Smile

From what I know so far, this seems to only apply to computers that are updated via Windows Update.
    If you use the Windows 10 Update Tool, then it doesn't turn it off.

:)

Stigg, Oct 3, 2018

2. How do I disable system restore?

I hear dif you have a virus.... after you clean your machine.... 100% cleaned then you disable your system restore and turn it on back something like that.

how do I disable system restore?

HiddenStupid, Oct 3, 2018
  3. How do I disable system restore?

oh ok got it.

so..... what exactly is system restore? is it that thing where you reformat?

when do i turn it on back?

1- virus
    2- cleaned system
    3- disable system restore
    4- uhh now what?
    5- do i turn it on right away after disable it or wait few min or day?

HiddenStupid, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

System Restore error

The "mstdc.log" file is a transaction log file of Windows operating systems. Since it is a log file, it should not affect the performance of your system. Also, the error that you're getting with that log file is not connected to the System Restore error
    code you're seeing in the Event Viewer. If you want to make sure that System Restore is functioning properly, you can also disable and re-enable it. Please take note that by disabling System Restore, you lose your restore points. To disable and re-enable System
    Restore, follow these steps:

• Access System Restore by searching using Cortana.
    • Click Configure.
    • Choose Disable system protection.
    • Click Apply, and the press OK.
    • Click Configure again.
    • Choose Turn on system protection.
    • Click Apply, and the press OK.
    • Click OK.

If you do not encounter any issues while doing the steps above, it means that System Restore is working properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Warning System Restore

2. System restore after Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System restore after Pro upgrade: I bought a laptop with Windows Home. Wanted to run Hyper-V so I upgraded that to Windows Pro through Microsoft Store. Got that working but it leaves me wondering... If I had to reset to factory install, would I loose the Windows Pro upgrade, and have to pay $99 again, or...
  3. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  4. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  5. Event 8303 warning, System-Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 8303 warning, System-Restore: I honestly have no idea what this could mean and I have no idea if it is a big deal or not. I would appreciate any help I can get with resolving this. Thank you much! Event Log: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-System-Restore Date:...
  6. Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade

Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade: Something that I just noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, is that System Restore has been disabled on all my computers. It would be wise to check your Local Disk (C:) System drive is turned on with the default 15% usage. That's assuming that you use System Restore....
  7. System Restore no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809. How...: I noticed I no longer have any system restore points after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. How can go back to an earlier point in time to fix a problem?...
  8. System Restore button disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore button disabled: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home version on it, and I am trying to change the System Restore settings. However, the System Restore button is disable. What can I do to re-enable this?...
  9. Disable System Restore

Disable System Restore: Hi, I need to do the following tasks in the System Restore: 1. Set Max Usage = 0 2. Delete all restore points 3. Disable System Restore Should be using Command Line. 1st and 2nd step I've no any idea how to do. For 3rd step: net stop srservice sc config...
  10. System Restore not creating restore points after Anniversary upgrade.

System Restore not creating restore points after Anniversary upgrade.: Since upgrading system restore is not creating restore points automatically. I have to create them manually and then they are being deleted automatically every 3 - 7 days. I tried allocating more disk space to restore but that has done no good. I also use an uninstaller...