Windows 10: WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

Discus and support WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been getting BSODs recently after I replaced mobo, GPU, NVME, cooling system and PSU.I have done MEMtest all good no error. Ran DriverVerifier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RGoh1, Jul 15, 2021.

1. RGoh1 Win User

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

I have been getting BSODs recently after I replaced mobo, GPU, NVME, cooling system and PSU.I have done MEMtest all good no error. Ran DriverVerifier to stress test third party driver with no issues.Below are bugcheck analysisWARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys :DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7 A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine. DESCRIPTION A driver overran a stack-based buffer or local variable in a way that would have overwritten the function's return address and jumped back to an arbitrary address when the function returned. Thi

:)

RGoh1, Jul 15, 2021
  2. nullN0VA Win User

BSOD - Unknown Cause - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

Hi all,

I need your help, I have been plagued the past few days with intermittent bluescreens.

I have tried to diagnose the issue myself, putting the .dmp files through WinDbg, following countless forum suggestions to no avail.

I have a few dump files, one of which pointed out this error:

"*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for CorsairGamingAudioamd64.sys"

So, I uninstalled iCue completely, from the registry also, redownloaded the latest software and forced firmware updates on all my corsair peripherals.

It happened again, another BSOD but a different error.

"WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys"

I am at a loss, I have now tried updating the USB 3.0 drivers and have not had it since, the BSODs are so intermittent, however, I cannot be sure that this has solved the issue.

What I have tried:

• Completely removing and installing NVIDIA drivers using DDU in Safe Mode and reinstalling the drivers. I left out the audio drivers, however, as I didn't think I needed them as I don't use HDMI and it's just another driver that could go awry.
    • Running memtest 86, no errors after turning off XMP and setting the mHz and voltage manually, so memory now seems fine.
    • All windows updates have been installed.
    • I checked the health of my HDD's, according to crystaldiskinfo they are all healthy. I have also done all the sfc /scannow and /fixnow w.e
    I am at a loss, I have linked my most recent dump files to my google drive which you should be able to access here.

Please help, thank you.

EDIT:

I have suspicions that it could be caused by my PS4 wireless adapter (the official Sony one) however, I am not sure.

nullN0VA, Jul 15, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

Hi trainman81,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

AVG is trying to request data from the internet, which is why the network driver is marked as the cause.
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 start             end                 module name fffff801`89700000 fffff801`89722000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Timestamp:        Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)     CheckSum:         000245C4     ImageSize:        00022000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    AVG drivers that have been flagged
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgfwd6a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgfwd6a.sys
    Please uninstall AVG and see if it helps
    Uninstall AVG | AVG
    It is further recommended to check your Qualcomm network driver for updates, its driver is not supported for Windows 10.
    Driver Reference Table - L1C63x64.sys

4. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

BSOD when using edge and randomly

I have had my laptop for about a month and over the past 6 days, I have been getting a BSOD with the code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I checked the dump files and from what I could gather msedge.exe was the error. Last night, it BSODed again except this time
    msedge.exe wasn't at fault, something else happened. When I went to look at the dump file, I got a list of warnings shown below.

Joshua Estes, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

1. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys - Similar Threads - WARNING Unable verify

2. 0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys: Hi, Dear Moderators!Me need your help.My PC has a BSOD every day, error 0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys.I changed the CPU, RAM, GPU, Motherboard, power unit, Windows reinstalled.And I just don't know what else to...
  3. 0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys: Hi, Dear Moderators!Me need your help.My PC has a BSOD every day, error 0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys.I changed the CPU, RAM, GPU, Motherboard, power supply.And I just don't know what else to check. Can it be in...
  4. 0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys: Hi, Dear Moderators!Me need your help.My PC has a BSOD every day, error 0x00000133 - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys.I changed the CPU, RAM, GPU, Motherboard, power supply.And I just don't know what else to check. Can it be in...
  5. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [D:\Desktop\\031022-19218-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable search...
  6. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [D:\Desktop\\031022-19218-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable search...
  7. WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Blue Screen error - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Ntfs.sy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Ntfs.sy: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [G:\APA\Minidump\Mini082721-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv* Executable...
  9. Blue Screen error - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Ntfs.sy

Blue Screen error - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Ntfs.sy: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [G:\APA\Minidump\Mini082721-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv* Executable...
  10. BSOD - Unknown Cause - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Unknown Cause - WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys: Hi all, I need your help, I have been plagued the past few days with intermittent bluescreens. I have tried to diagnose the issue myself, putting the .dmp files through WinDbg, following countless forum suggestions to no avail. I have a few dump files, one of which pointed...