Windows 10: Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc

Discus and support Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The update hung up at partial installation and 'please wait'. So I was forced to do hard shutdowns; and then errors and corruption of resources came to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jcgood1984, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc

The update hung up at partial installation and 'please wait'. So I was forced to do hard shutdowns; and then errors and corruption of resources came to the point of the dreaded BSOD. Wasting hours of precious time. Avoid like covid.

:)

jcgood1984, Jan 20, 2022

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/14c5a66e-da78-4969-803d-52337293c6ea?page=1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 20, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 20, 2022
  4. erixx Win User

Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc

Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc

1. Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc - Similar Threads - Warning update KB5010793

2. Windows Update Broke my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Broke my PC: I recently updated my HP laptop and after turning it back on, I could not access the start menu, settings, or any of the apps that came with the laptop. It also says that the BUILT-IN speakers, mic, and camera are nonexistent. I have had to reschedule job interviews because...
  3. Windows update broke my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update broke my pc: I was about to start gaming when Windows 10 asked to restart to do an update. As soon as I clicked restart, the PC shut down as normal, but when my PC booted back up, the display no longer worked, nor do the lights appear on my mouse anymore. I tried all of the common fixes...
  4. Windows update broke my pc

Windows update broke my pc: I was about to start gaming when Windows 10 asked to restart to do an update. As soon as I clicked restart, the PC shut down as normal, but when my PC booted back up, the display no longer worked, nor do the lights appear on my mouse anymore. I tried all of the common fixes...
  5. My pc broke after a update

My pc broke after a update: Hello,30 minutes ago I started a new windows update it took a while but then it reached 70 percent processing completion and then it stoped now I‘m in recovery options I tried deinstalling the update but that didn‘t work debug mode didn‘t work either now I don‘t have a clue...
  6. Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc

Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc: The update hung up at partial installation and 'please wait'. So I was forced to do hard shutdowns; and then errors and corruption of resources came to the point of the dreaded BSOD. Wasting hours of precious time. Avoid like covid....
  7. Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Warning update KB5010793 broke my pc: The update hung up at partial installation and 'please wait'. So I was forced to do hard shutdowns; and then errors and corruption of resources came to the point of the dreaded BSOD. Wasting hours of precious time. Avoid like covid....
  8. New Update Broke My PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Update Broke My PC: Hello,Recently when I was gonna turn off my pc, I noticed I had an update, so I choose the option "update and shut down", the PC restarted and now every time I try to shut it down it just won't, it keeps saying shutting down and won't do anything another issue now I have is...
  9. Windows update broke my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my pc: Hello, i had a big windows 10 update which i stalled for a long time until it started downloading it itself while my pc was off. When i started it i didn't realise i had an update cos my screen was just blacklag so i turned it off and it tripped. It started fixing something...
  10. Update broke my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update broke my PC: The mouse cursor is affected, it moves on its own, opens files without my participation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-broke-my-pc/a732bcc2-241d-4889-9b9f-8d814df1f615