Windows 10: Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS.

Discus and support Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried using Windows Explorer to copy my song files to my NAS. Windows 10 2004 failed to copy 800+ album art files. I double checked that result by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phillfri, Nov 24, 2020.

1. phillfri Win User

Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS.

I tried using Windows Explorer to copy my song files to my NAS. Windows 10 2004 failed to copy 800+ album art files. I double checked that result by using FreeFileSync - which found the missing files and successfully copied them to the NAS.

:)

phillfri, Nov 24, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 24, 2020
  4. nikki605 Win User

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam. The only suggestion I got to work was to enable the less secure SMB 1.0/CIFS Client. I don't like this solution, but it worked.

My (old) printers are USB connected to my desktop and I can print to them just fine from the laptop. No problem.

My issue is with using File Explorer to copy files between the 2 systems using drag and drop. In short, I can drag a file FROM the other PC and copy it, but I can't drag a file TO the other PC and copy it.

When I try to drag a file TO the other PC, I get this red NO symbol:

Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS. [​IMG]

Yes, I have set Advanced Sharing and Permissions to Full Control for these folders on both systems.

Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS. [​IMG]

Am I still missing some setting, or is there a know bug/limitation?

nikki605, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS. - Similar Threads - Warning Win10 2004

2. windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED: this was a huge problem for my companyWIN 7 works fine with search, local and nasWIN 10 just cant seem to find anythingi dont know the logic of why the problem was fixed maybe someone could shed some lightone day when i was doing a fresh install of WIN 10 pro, i deactivated...
  3. Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS.

Warning: Win10 2004 file explorer drops files copying to NAS.: I tried using Windows Explorer to copy my song files to my NAS. Windows 10 2004 failed to copy 800+ album art files. I double checked that result by using FreeFileSync - which found the missing files and successfully copied them to the NAS. 169051
  4. file explorer drag and drop

file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  5. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  6. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  7. Recent drop in File Copy Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent drop in File Copy Performance: I'm experiencing much slower speeds when copying files to one of my PCs. I've done a bunch of tests to narrow down the issue, but I have no idea how to fix it now that I've narrowed it down. So I have two Windows 10 PCs, one with two USB3 raid5 devices attached to it for...
  8. File explorer in Win10

File explorer in Win10: When using the File explorer, how do I get the folders to remain on the top of the list when I sort the documents by date? Currently when I sort by date the latest document will be on the top while all the folders are right at the bottom....
  9. File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device

File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device: Hi. We have a QNAP NAS device on our network that logs all activity. Our Windows pc's access the folders and files on the NAS via File Explorer. When a pc accesses a folder on the NAS, the log indicated that that pc has READ all the ini (and ico and lnk) files of all the...
  10. Can't access NAS files in file explorer

Can't access NAS files in file explorer: Hi, I have a small home office with two computers. I decided to invest in a NAS so that the two computers have access to the same files. The newer computer, a lenovo AIO, had no problem connecting to the nas through a network switch which both computers are connected to,...