Windows 10: WARNING: Zcryptor Link (.lnk) to Ransom

Discus and support WARNING: Zcryptor Link (.lnk) to Ransom in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; WARNING: Link Zcryptor (.lnk) to Ransom We are alerting Windows users of a new type of ransomware that exhibits worm-like behavior. This ransom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 29, 2016.

1. WARNING: Zcryptor Link (.lnk) to Ransom

WARNING: Link Zcryptor (.lnk) to Ransom

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...lnk-to-ransom/

Cluster Head, May 29, 2016
  2. groze Win User

I have to ask this question, how would upgrading to windows 10 help you avoid this ransomware? I don't think SmartScreen needs edge to work. When I was using 10, I can't remember the exact wording, when my internet connection was down, I started to install a program. A popup said we can't check this program out because of no internet connection do you still want to install this program it may not be safe?

:)

groze, May 29, 2016
  3. bhringer Win User
    We detect this ransomware as Ransom:Win32/ZCryptor.A.

If your files were encrypted I suggest you refer to the following:

Zcrypt Ransomware Support and Help Topic (.Zcrypt How to decrypt files.html)

Zcrypt Ransomware Support and Help Topic (.Zcrypt How to decrypt files.html) - Ransomware Help & Tech Support

Additional information:

The Week in Ransomware - May 27 2016 - Zcrypt, Jigsaw, and More (The Zcrypt Ransomware is Released-May 24th 2016)

The Week in Ransomware - May 27 2016 - Zcrypt, Jigsaw, and More

Link (.lnk) to Ransom

Link (.lnk) to Ransom

~

bhringer, May 29, 2016
  4. WARNING: Zcryptor Link (.lnk) to Ransom

How to solve these three issues from SFC.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-iSCSI_Initiator_UI and file iSCSI Initiator.lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: iSCSI Initiator.lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-iSCSI_Initiator_UI.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator and file ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator and file ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator.

pls note all DISM tools were run and they say no corruptions ! only SFC gives this...

ShaanaikMezskin, May 29, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

as always -BACKUP CLEAN IMAGE before installing anything - and NEVER open attachments from unknown senders -- also disable macros in WORD/EXCEL etc and allow on an individual document basis.

Seems straightforward to me.

Don't get paranoid about this stuff -- loads of I.T security people (whose jobs may be possibly under threat), salespeople and small security firms have a vested interest in getting people scared about this.

I read an interesting "conspiracy theory" type article --that a large firm who had some business with the public sector was actually writing this stuff so it could bid for a lucrative Public Sector contract !!!!! -- pure Hollywood I know - but on deep reflection - could there be a little smidgen of truth in it !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WARNING: Zcryptor Link (.lnk) to Ransom

1. WARNING: Zcryptor Link (.lnk) to Ransom - Similar Threads - WARNING Zcryptor Link

2. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  3. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  4. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  5. Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links shortcuts on task bar opening .lnk instead of the file directly.: Since the last Windows update, any shortcuts I have in my Links toolbar on the task bar that aren't folders now pop up a Security Warning prompt as it tries to open the .lnk version of the shortcut.The shortcuts are located in C>User>name>Favourites>Favourites Bar.This was...
  6. .lnk virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .lnk virus: How do I remove this for good? it keeps comming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/lnk-virus/ac0f9ab4-62b3-4b1a-b22c-3017ecb76299
  7. RANSOM WARE

RANSOM WARE: I got this today after installing a note pad. Any direction would be appreciated All your files are Encrypted! For data recovery needs decryptor. How to buy decryptor: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 1....
  8. Ransom Ware

Ransom Ware: I have a family member with a pc running MSW 10. She turned the pc on today and you hear a voice claming his from Microsoft and so as to save the internet you must contact him at a phone number with a credit card. Turning the pc off dos not fix it. HELP!...
  9. .lnk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .lnk files: The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify"....
  10. Looking for: Dead Shortcut/Link (.LNK) Finder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for: Dead Shortcut/Link (.LNK) Finder: Does anyone know of an app/script to: 1. scan whole folder/drive 2. find all files ending in .lnk (i.e. shortcuts) 3. if the thing that it's pointing to does not exist -> alert me / flag it / delete it / etc I'll continue searching online, but I must not be using the...