Windows 10: Warp Factor 11 - why dual boot any more

Discus and support Warp Factor 11 - why dual boot any more in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there With decent hardware and using hardware "passthru" I have finally made W2K19 server VM with desktop. The bits I've done to it (i.e to behave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Mar 10, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Warp Factor 11 - why dual boot any more

Hi there

With decent hardware and using hardware "passthru" I have finally made W2K19 server VM with desktop.

The bits I've done to it (i.e to behave like a desktop rather than a "classical server OS") it absolutely runs rings around even a W10 system on a different physical laptop where the VM is actually running on not the most modern hardware.

Warp Factor 11 - why dual boot any more [​IMG]

I can't see any reason why people still Dual Boot any more -- even a basic W10 HOME system will work wonders on a decent VM platform with modern hardware.

(Probably people who don't understand VM's are the same as those who continued to advocate using Malwarebytes or other 3rd party Anti Virus software these days on Windows 1909 and above on HOME computers) !!!.

(My Challenge out there still hasn't been answered --those using Malwarebytes on HOME (emphasize HOME) computers - what has it shown that the recent builds of Windows (1909 at least and above) and then given in the log that it hasn't found.anything worrying as to viruses etc.

Malwarebytes isn't the worst but the necessity for these sorts of programs on Consumer grade W10 is over - don't waste your time with these things.

I get all sorts of answers such as " I use these "because I want "Double security" etc etc" but ZERO replies to the question what has it actually found compared with latest versions of WD - genuine threats --not false positives or even PUPS which aren't actually "Viruses" although they could be annoying.

Don't waste your money on these old 20C programs. For once Ms is 100% on the right track.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 10, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Warp Factor 11 - why dual boot any more - Similar Threads - Warp Factor why

2. Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11: i have 2 ssd disk c:500gb and d:500gb, i make partition with 120gb from d, and i want to dual boot and install windows inside the new partition and i got error message windows could not prepare the computer to boot the next phase of installation to install windows restart the...
  3. Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot windows 11 and windows 11: i have 2 ssd disk c:500gb and d:500gb, i make partition with 120gb from d, and i want to dual boot and install windows inside the new partition and i got error message windows could not prepare the computer to boot the next phase of installation to install windows restart the...
  4. Adding windows 11 to dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows 11 to dual boot: I have a computer setup with windows 8.1 and windows 10 dual boot and i am wondering if i will be able to add windows 11 to it aswell or dose the new security features prevent me from doing that...
  5. Dual boot Windows 10 & 11

Dual boot Windows 10 & 11: I installed a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 Internal SSD-2TB into my self build PC and formatted it into 2 partitions along with EFI and recovery partitions as suggested installed windows 10 first on one of the partitions and windows 11 on the other all worked well until I had a...
  6. Dual boot Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Windows 10 & 11: I installed a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 Internal SSD-2TB into my self build PC and formatted it into 2 partitions along with EFI and recovery partitions as suggested installed windows 10 first on one of the partitions and windows 11 on the other all worked well until I had a...
  7. Why no address bar for the taskbar any more?

Why no address bar for the taskbar any more?: The removal of the address bar from the taskbar is the only reason that I will not be moving to 11. Why remove such a convenient feature from the OS? You've done that in the past and it never was met with much approval to the point of it getting reinstated....
  8. Why no address bar for the taskbar any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no address bar for the taskbar any more?: The removal of the address bar from the taskbar is the only reason that I will not be moving to 11. Why remove such a convenient feature from the OS? You've done that in the past and it never was met with much approval to the point of it getting reinstated....
  9. Dual boot menu dissapeared and there is no option any more anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot menu dissapeared and there is no option any more anywhere: Hello I had a win7 os and i install in the same ssd 1Tb in a new partition a win10 new os. there was a boot menu in the begining to choose what os i want and default was win10. It worked normal for 10 days and suddenly maybe after a win10 update the boot menu is...
  10. Warp coil

in Windows 10 Support
    Warp coil: This is roughly 6 times I've found this 'Windows 10 Update' when cleaning up temporary files. After supposedly removing it, it stays gone for a bit then will show up again. It appears to be removed but why does it keep showing up do you suppose? 139048