Windows 10: warranty question

Discus and support warranty question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am wanting to purchase an Acer 14" Swift 1 Notebook Celeron Luxury Gold (ACSF114736). which has windows 10S as its operating system, but I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ttay4084, Nov 28, 2019.

1. ttay4084 Win User

warranty question

Hi, I am wanting to purchase an Acer 14" Swift 1 Notebook Celeron Luxury Gold (ACSF114736). which has windows 10S as its operating system, but I want to convert to Windows 10. If I do this will my warranty become void? The store salesperson tells me it will void my warranty - true or not?

:)

ttay4084, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Warranty Question

Warranty Period

The warranty period starts at the time of Product's original purchase by the first end-user. The Product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by a different warranty period (hereinafter "Warranty Period"). The different
    Warranty Periods are:

• Twenty-four (24) months for the mobile device and twelve (12) months for accessories (whether included in the mobile device sales package or sold separately) other than the consumable parts and accessories listed in (b) and (c) below;
    • six (6) months for the following consumable parts and accessories batteries, chargers, desk stands, headsets, cables and covers; and
    • ninety (90) days for the media on which any software is provided, e.g. CD-rom, memory card.
    I was reading the warranty statement attached above. Was there any software in the memory card when you got it or was it empty? If it was empty you could argue that it is an accessory as per 1.. Item 3. specifically refers to media with software provided.

I suppose we are grasping at straws. warranty question :)

Message Edited by on 20-Nov-2009 10:29 AM

Guest1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Warranty question

I bought my lumia 1520 in Hungary, in a local mobile shop. Unfortunately, they have shut down their business permanently. My question is, can I take my phone to another Nokia partner if something happens to my phone that is covered by the warranty? Or did
    I lose my warranty completely? I checked my IMEI on the Nokia official site, it says I have valid warranty in Hungary.

Guest2, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

warranty question

Void Warranty when trying to update my phone on Windows 10

Hi Vipin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the make and model of your Phone?
    • When was the phone purchased and was it under warranty when you tried to upgrade to Windows 10?
    Please post to us with more information to help you.

Guest3, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

warranty question

1. warranty question - Similar Threads - warranty question

2. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  3. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  4. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  6. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  7. basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...: What is the difference between a basic and premium warranty in terms of call-in customer service availability and remote assistance? I just want to be able to call-in with problems and go remote for assistance. Do I need to pay for both basic and premium monthly for that? TY...
  8. basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...

basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...: What is the difference between a basic and premium warranty in terms of call-in customer service availability and remote assistance? I just want to be able to call-in with problems and go remote for assistance. Do I need to pay for both basic and premium monthly for that? TY...
  9. basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. OEM Forgot to activate Windows after in-warranty motherboard repair. What can I do?

OEM Forgot to activate Windows after in-warranty motherboard repair. What can I do?: I sent my laptop in for repair about a week ago, and the person who replaced my motherboard seems to have forgotten to activate windows.The troubleshooting feature cannot activate it, even when I check 'I changed hardware on this device recently'.The only option they've given...