Windows 10: Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today?

Discus and support Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have postponed an update since a couple days ago. I put my PC into sleep mode and took a shower, and when I came back Windows 10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fishy4444, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today?

Hello.

I have postponed an update since a couple days ago. I put my PC into sleep mode and took a shower, and when I came back Windows 10 was preparing itself for updates and I was forced to wait. It closed all my tabs which I can easily get back but is there a way to disable this? I thought I disabled the automatic updates but did it undo that?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Fishy4444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fishy4444, Aug 27, 2020

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today? [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today? [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today?

Windows update forced restart

Hi,

Today my computer forced restarted in order to install new updates. Until now I have to accept updates when I restarted the PC, now - forcing the restart was
    absolutely unprofessional. I had unsaved documents and other opened applications. Please don't use forced restart again!!!

Thank you,

Florin

Florin Ghiulea, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today?

1. Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today? - Similar Threads - Was anyone else's

2. How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??: How do I prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ?? recently i had a long process running which was cancelled/breakdown due a rerstart force by Windows ..I need my results of that process ... and now there aren't therehow can I be the one who can decide...
  3. How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??: How do I prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ?? recently i had a long process running which was cancelled/breakdown due a rerstart force by Windows ..I need my results of that process ... and now there aren't therehow can I be the one who can decide...
  4. How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?: It seemed like a big update. Could only restart and update instead of shut down and update. A few display things look slightly different. But I just noticed that clicking a date on my calendar makes it go haywire and rushes backwards quickly. Is this part of the update? Or is...
  6. anyone else today is the new windows update broken

anyone else today is the new windows update broken: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohparaa_tv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibsgcc/anyone_else_today_is_the_new_windows_update_broken/
  7. Is windows forcing anyone else to upgrade to 1909?

Is windows forcing anyone else to upgrade to 1909?: Title. I thought that you could choose WHEN you wanted to install a feature update in one of the more recent updates? I had the option to download/install it for a while, but now it's gotten rid of my choice and is forcing me to update. Did this happen to anyone else? I'd...
  8. Is this happening to anyone else?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is this happening to anyone else?: Here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agsf-t-6PRlplx57lMwb_2E4qJG- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-happening-to-anyone-else/efa3e6ac-10d4-4a04-ba7d-62fece1b3add
  9. Anyone else getting random restarts since 1909?

Anyone else getting random restarts since 1909?: Hey guys, Since I updated to 1909, which was I think around a week ago, my computer has randomly restarted 2 times. This is a gaming PC, but both times it happen while Not gaming. The first time was when I was away from the PC, and the second happened while I was browsing...
  10. Today's update forces restart of computer, losing work

Today's update forces restart of computer, losing work: On a Dell laptop - I've never had an update install automatically before, this update popped up a window informing me that my computer was about to restart at around 10:30AM, and then immediately restarted. 5 hours later I opened it back up to discover that all of my saved...