Windows 10: Was forced to update the software and now stuck in a boot loop

Discus and support Was forced to update the software and now stuck in a boot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops. This has both happened to them...one about a month ago and now yesterday with this one. They are work laptops that I only use when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChadCollins7, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Was forced to update the software and now stuck in a boot loop

I have 2 laptops. This has both happened to them...one about a month ago and now yesterday with this one. They are work laptops that I only use when I travel. When I turn them on they have to update Windows since it's been a while maybe 30 days since they've been on a network. I'm sure bc it had been a while, the update yest took an hour. When it finally completed and restarted the cptr, it's stuck in a boot loop.

I didn't install any software or hardware. All I did was restart the cptr once the Windows Update window came up and said I needed to restart. Stuck in boot loop. Startup repair and restore don't work.

Same thing happened with first laptop. Luckily I had this second for work...now I'm out 2.

Please tell me when a MS service tech can come to my house and troubleshoot the laptops.

:)

ChadCollins7, Mar 4, 2021

2. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Decrypt Win User

Was forced to update the software and now stuck in a boot loop

Windows 10 stuck in diagnostics loop

Laptop : Sony vaio Model number : SVF152125NB Running O.S : dual boot (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

After the last update (probably at June 2018, I don't remember the exact update name/ID) from Windows, my pc is stuck in the Infinite loop of "diagnosing your PC ".

I tried with going into recovery mode but using that method also ends up in this loop.

After this issue I am using Ubuntu by using force shut down method. And turn on which results in grub option.

Anyone pls suggest me the solution !!

Decrypt, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Was forced to update the software and now stuck in a boot loop

1. Was forced to update the software and now stuck in a boot loop - Similar Threads - Was forced update

2. updating to 20H2 now stuck in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating to 20H2 now stuck in reboot loop: Asus M4A88TD-Evo mb, AMD PH-II X6 10555T, 4Gb of DDR3 RAM attempted to up date from Win 10 Pro 64 ver 1909.to 20H2. First install failed, second reached about 90% of install and the went into a continuous loop of restart. the Asus mb comes with "Express Gate by Splash Top"...
  3. Windows stuck in boot loop post update

Windows stuck in boot loop post update: Hi i just performed a windows update on my lenovo x1 carbon that failed and gave me a blue screen. Im now stuck in a boot loop that i can’t get out of. Ive tried system repairusing a usb boot media as well, system reset, etc. and nothing seems to work to fix it. I’m not sure...
  4. Stuck in boot loop after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in boot loop after latest update: I came home today and my laptop must've done an update while I was away somehow. It continuously cycles through screens that say things like "removing latest update" and "automatically repairing". I have no restore point. I have no boot device. I try to do a system reset and...
  5. Stuck in Boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Boot loop: I abruptly turned off mu laptop by long pressing the power button. The next time i started my laptop it went into automatic repair but didn't start. I saw a video which said i need fo run bootrec /rebuildbcd. I did that and pressed Y in it as it showed one windows...
  6. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop: Hi, we just bought a brand new computer a week ago and on the first day having it when we went to turn it on it wouldn’t. The lights turn on then it immediately shuts off and it does that over and over again. Doesn’t even get far enough for the screen to turn on. But when we...
  7. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in boot loop: I tried restoring windows 10 to an older version of Windows via the recovery menu in settings. It is now repeatedly in a boot loop and I can't do anything otherwise. I have a windows installation media but aside from that I cannot access anything. It starts booting by saying...
  8. Stuck in a boot loop

Stuck in a boot loop: I factory reset my laptop and now it won't boot. It takes me to the screen where you enter the time zone, then it goes to "Why did my PC restart?" Then it goes back to the beginning. I've tried factory resetting it again and I've tried safe mode. Any other suggestions? I also...
  9. Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop: Hi All, I have a 2011 Dell XPS L502X laptop with Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine Windows 8 license I had during the initial free upgrade period. To fix some issue I was trying to Reset the PC but didn't notice the power cord wasn't connected. Laptop...
  10. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop: I really hope I'm able to communicate everything I've tried here, because it's been a lot so far :P The problem first happened when I tried to install new RealTek audio drivers because my sound failed. Part of that process is to reboot after uninstalling the old drivers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update restart loop