Windows 10: Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

Discus and support Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BananaFrappe, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff.

Regardless, now a bunch of app tiles are gone from my start menu, and I can not even find any trace of them on my HDD at all. Right now they are the Win7 versions of Solitaire, Minesweeper, etc... from Winaero's "Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 and 8". How do I get it back, or do I have to track down the installation file online (if it is still available), download them, install them, and then put the tiles back into my Start Menu?

What the heck Microsoft? Why do you always presume to tell people how they should use their systems???

:)

BananaFrappe, Jun 21, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Photo app is gone

@Lenoveo, it's actually named 'Photos' with an 's'. Is it really missing, or is it just the Tile on Start that's gone? Try typing photos in the Cortana/Search box next to Start and see if it finds it. If it does appear in the list you can right-click on it and 'Pin to Start' (or the taskbar). If it doesn't, try Brink's 'App reset' tutorial.

4. Scrounga Win User

Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone.

Hi, im in Australia and not very computor savy and tonight my laptop did an automatic update that took hours. When i finally logged back in it was almost as though i had wiped my drive and reloaded windows. I have now read that a lot of people had lost documents
    but my machine has lost a lot more and i cant seem to find anyone else with the same issue. There is now a folder on the desk top and it contains a masive list of all the removed items. For example, its an accer laptop and all of accers stuff is on the list,
    my vpn, itunes, all my canon printer apps the list just goes on and on. When i open IE all my home pages were gone the favorites bar across the top gone. It seems anything not microsoft is gone. If i double click on an item in the list it takes me to the web
    site of the missing app. I have no idea what to do now? Can i undo the update and get my stuff back? My desk top only has about 4 folders on it now. What the hell has happened and am i the only one. I think my trendmicro is gone as well but im not game to
    turn it back on. Please microsoft can you tell me how to fix it.

kind regards, stuart.

Scrounga, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

1. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****??? - Similar Threads - Was forced update

2. Folders are gone now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are gone now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  3. Restarts and it's Gone Now!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts and it's Gone Now!: I believe I need a Windows 10 home Repair Disc. I can't get windows to boot up on my upgraded pc! I installed a new motherboard and transferred my 600W Thermaltake TR2 Power Supply Unit. It worked for a few days, now It won't allow windows to start and goes to the motherboard...
  4. Resarts and it's Gone Now!

Resarts and it's Gone Now!: I need a windows 10 home Repair Disc. I can't get windows to boot up on my upgraded pc! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resarts-and-its-gone-now/0222dead-f92e-462a-ad91-7dbed51ce5aa
  5. Apps are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps are gone: My special needs daughter uses her NextBook tablet mainly to play off-line games and watch U-Tube videos. When she went to turn on the tablet yesterday, all her apps were gone, or I should say the screen came up blank. In looking at the "All programs" list, all the programs...
  6. apps gone, background gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  7. Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.: Hi, I tried installing a new language pack and it asked to restart PC. It went to "windows preparing, please do not turn off" screen and it was taking too long, so i shut it down. After booting again i found that my HDD is gone, all the desktop shotcuts are not working. It...
  8. Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?: So I haven't been on in a while because I haven't had much if any windows 10 problems thankfully enough, well that changed. I've been looking into other tools that can check for windows 10 updates like windows updates does but it lets me choose if I want to install it or...
  9. Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?: So I haven't been on in a while because I haven't had much if any windows 10 problems thankfully enough, well that changed. I've been looking into other tools that can check for windows 10 updates like windows updates does but it lets me choose if I want to install it or...
  10. Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

Sound gone with Win10 1903 update: Recently updated to 1903 but failed to make sound work on my desktop. I have SB X-Fi Extreme. I had to go back to the previous version. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-with-win10-1903-update/e4feda43-54fd-42a1-a412-a225ef93befd