Windows 10: Was my password stolen?

Discus and support Was my password stolen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a notification from my Microsoft authenticator app saying my email tried to login on Windows 10. I was not on my computer and it was off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QBaaLLzz, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Was my password stolen?

I got a notification from my Microsoft authenticator app saying my email tried to login on Windows 10. I was not on my computer and it was off. I immediately went to the authenticator app and the option that came up was to select an option, three were numbers and the last option was to deny the request. I denied it and changed the password to my account.

Im glad I had two step verification set up, but does this mean my password was stolen? It was a complicated random password, only used for microsoft. Symbols capitals you named it. I suppose ill change other account passwords that are important. This password was only stored on iCloud keychain.

Edit: there have been boatloads of unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account this month in my account activity as well. All not me

submitted by /u/QBaaLLzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QBaaLLzz, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Epic Games Forums Hacked; Over 800,000 Passwords Stolen

What they are really saying is : they stole the user database but we don't store passwords, we store password hashes ... emails will be added to all global spam lists though.

BiggieShady, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Was my password stolen?

New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database

New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database

Brink, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Was my password stolen?

1. Was my password stolen? - Similar Threads - Was password stolen

2. How were my passwords stolen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How were my passwords stolen?: I recently got my microsoft account hacked, I managed to restore it and get it back but then whoever hacked me sent me a picture of ALL my passwords Bank, College ect. How did they do this and how can I fix it from happening Note: i noticed the file that had my passwords was...
  3. How were my passwords stolen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How were my passwords stolen?: I recently got my microsoft account hacked, I managed to restore it and get it back but then whoever hacked me sent me a picture of ALL my passwords Bank, College ect. How did they do this and how can I fix it from happening Note: i noticed the file that had my passwords was...
  4. STOLEN MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOLEN MY LAPTOP: STOLEN MY LAPTOPGood day.Please i like to make a report of my laptop which was stolen recently. The thief broke into my car and stole the laptop.I would require your assistance to block the laptop via serial no below to prevent the impostor from using the facility and this...
  5. My laptop was stolen

My laptop was stolen: When I tried to lock my device it said can't lock now try again later which was done several times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-stolen/b99787a6-408d-4656-8383-96d3dd1327da
  6. my Microsoft was stolen

my Microsoft was stolen: Hi, my name is Andrew, and my account was stolen, but I have access to my account on account.microsoft.com and was wondering if there is anything I could do using that to get my account back. I was aware that my email was changed so I can't change my password....
  7. my Microsoft was stolen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my Microsoft was stolen: Hi, my name is Andrew, and my account was stolen, but I have access to my account on account.microsoft.com and was wondering if there is anything I could do using that to get my account back. I was aware that my email was changed so I can't change my password....
  8. my Microsoft was stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My Device has been stolen , how to reset password?

My Device has been stolen , how to reset password?: I NEED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD!! MY computer and phone are gone! EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE that I am trying to log into and change the password is SENDING MY INFORMATION TO MY MICROSOFT EMAIL that is AVAILABLE on my phone and laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to...
  10. Locating my Stolen PC ..Hard drive Password Required

Locating my Stolen PC ..Hard drive Password Required: I placed a hard drive password on my pc. When it starts up, I must enter the password for my pc to boot up to Windows. My pc was stolen. How can I find it? No one can get in my PC because of the lock code on my harddrive. Help please....