Windows 10: Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

Discus and support Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just installed an update for the Vypr VPN software. I am a Standard user, but there was no prompt to enter admin credentials to proceed with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WayneB2001, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

I just installed an update for the Vypr VPN software. I am a Standard user, but there was no prompt to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install. I verified that I am a standard user in settings. I installed another program just 5 minutes before this one that DID ask for the password. This concerns me. What should I do?

:)

WayneB2001, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Win does not prompt for an Admin password in a Standard account

I don't think you can do that. Windows' behaviour when you first try to access a folder for which you don't have permission is to ask if you want to grant permanent access. For a standard user the UAC prompt will ask for an admin password to do this. You can revoke the permission later by deleting the added user account from the permissions for that folder if you wish.

In this example User is a standard account and Maintenance is an administrator. Signed in as User we get...

Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user) [​IMG]

4. Shoshi Win User

Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

1. Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user) - Similar Threads - Was prompted admin

2. Created a standard user account for myself, but always get a prompt asking for admin at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created a standard user account for myself, but always get a prompt asking for admin at...: Hi, guys. So, I decided to start doing things a little more securely and not just using an admin profile for everything I do. I read some tips stating this is a major no-no and that hackers try to gain access to the admin account and if you're under it all the time, all you...
  3. Created a standard user account for myself, but always get a prompt asking for admin at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created a standard user account for myself, but always get a prompt asking for admin at...: Hi, guys. So, I decided to start doing things a little more securely and not just using an admin profile for everything I do. I read some tips stating this is a major no-no and that hackers try to gain access to the admin account and if you're under it all the time, all you...
  4. Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?: Seems like the recommendation is to use a user account when logging to leaving the admin account to make changes to the computer. However, if the UAC (user access control) is set to always notify and the registry is set to always require a password. Does this fulfil the same...
  5. How to install software for a standard user while using admin credentials on UAC prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install software for a standard user while using admin credentials on UAC prompt?: So often times I come across an issue where when I install software on a standard user account using admin credentials on UAC prompt it will not show up for a standard user. But when I log in as admin it shows up on admin account,however, this is not desired. Excerpt from...
  6. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  7. Standard User reset Admin user password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  8. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  9. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478
  10. Win does not prompt for an Admin password in a Standard account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win does not prompt for an Admin password in a Standard account: I have two accounts - Administrator & Standard. When I login to the standard account and tried accessing the admin folders (C:\Users\Admin...), it asked me for my admin password initially. However, after entering the correct password, I was able to access the files and...