Windows 10: Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios...

Discus and support Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NachoSeventeen, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios...

/u/NachoSeventeen, Jul 17, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 17, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 17, 2020
  4. trog100 Win User

Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios...

Bios crash.. can it happen.. ??

whats odd bill is that it isnt just a simple failure to boot.. it has to go into window first and then crash.. after which it fails to boot until a save and reset is done in the bios..

what causes the crash in the first place and what alters the bios so that the machine will not boot without a bios reset..

it would make more sense if it simply failed to boot.. also what happens after that first ten minutes.. the hardware (including the psu) warms up a tad is the only thing i can think of..

i do have a windows 10 on a usb stick install.. i can try running on that and see if the problem goes away or it dosnt.. that should rule out my fairly recent win 10 (refresh) install..

i dont mind taking some time to sort things.. after that first reset during that first ten minutes of being on on the system works perfectly.. the fix isnt super urgent.. *Smile Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios... :)

i dont like flashing a bios when i dont have to but then again i dont like ripping the machine apart when i dont have to.. i will try all the easy cost nothing possibilities first.. he he

a week go i did do a windows refresh reinstall.. this keep your settings reinstalls windows and removes all the apps you have installed.. over the last week i have been slowly reinstalling all my missing apps.. a pain in the arse but it goes with the windows refresh reinstall..

have totally ruled out a software problem..

trog

no not yet.. but it is a possibility.. the only thing is if the bios loses its power and its settings the machine would simply fail to boot.. its the booting okay into windows and then crashing ten minutes later and failing to reboot after that which has me baffled..

but checking the battery is on my things to do list.. tis a shame it aint that easy to get at.. it comes in the ripping the machine apart league.. *Smile Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios... :)

trog

ps.. none of the stuff in my machine is that easy to get at.. he he

Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios... internals-2.jpg

trog100, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios...

1. Was reinstalling windows and it crashed, i turned my oc on again and this happened, bios... - Similar Threads - Was reinstalling crashed

2. It's happened again

in Windows 10 Customization
    It's happened again: Remember this post?"I was on my computer-a Windows 10-earlier. My computer refused to load the icons on my taskbar google chrome, files, Microsoft edge but would let me open text documents. I also couldn't click on the Windows icon, the search button, or the time or network...
  3. It's happened again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's happened again: Remember this post?"I was on my computer-a Windows 10-earlier. My computer refused to load the icons on my taskbar google chrome, files, Microsoft edge but would let me open text documents. I also couldn't click on the Windows icon, the search button, or the time or network...
  4. It's happened again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. it happened again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it happened again: low gpu and cpu usage*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-happened-again/8e2dad9f-9fe4-4ec9-a366-30e83960f713
  6. It happened again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It happened again: Rest of the internet won’t connect accept google sites. I restarted my router 2 weeks ago when it was doing this and my computer has been working ever since. Now it’s back to being broken. Help. submitted by /u/PikaDicc [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to restart my OC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to restart my OC: Hello, so my PC was working fine for the past few days but when I booted it up today it had a slow performance so I decided to flat reset it, but when I tried to flat reset it showed up with errors I tried Youtube and all but didn't work. After like 30 minutes of leaving it,...
  8. Bios again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios again: Hi, Does Bios get automatically updated like Windows or do I have to do it manually? If so, how do I check if my Bios needs upgrading? I see the version/date, American Megatrend inc v10.7, 22.07.2014, but have no idea whether it is outdated or not. I am running Windows...
  9. Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS: This is weird. I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain...lol I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up. I was able to find...
  10. BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    BIOS update for Sapphire RX480 NITRO+ OC (8GB): I've just noticed there's an updated BIOS available for*my graphics cards (2xRX480) at Sapphire's site.. - does anyone know of a (painless) way to update both of the vga BIOS'.. ??*Eek 72893