Windows 10: Was "Show Windows Side by Side" Ever Fixed?

Discus and support Was "Show Windows Side by Side" Ever Fixed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm still getting windows divided by 3rds when using the Side by side and Stacked functions when there's only 2 windows open. Will this ever be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sjoens, Mar 27, 2017.

1. sjoens Win User

Was "Show Windows Side by Side" Ever Fixed?

Hi, I'm still getting windows divided by 3rds when using the Side by side and Stacked functions when there's only 2 windows open. Will this ever be fixed? I'm using Win10 1607 build 14393.576

:)

sjoens, Mar 27, 2017
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Show Side by Side Function

Thank you for providing the additional information requested, JBert.

Based on the current build and version of your operating system, if this issue recently occurred right after you've updated, please follow the steps advised above on how to submit a report to our developers regarding the issue.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Cheers!

Jane Lla, Mar 27, 2017
  3. JBertMcC Win User
    Show Side by Side Function

When I right click in the Task Bar, and select "Show Windows Side by Side" Windows 10 instead shows "Stacked Windows, and only uses a portion of the Monitor".

1st picture is Windows 10 "Stacked" view, which is wrong!

2nd picture is Windows 10 "Side by Side" view, which would be correct, and is required!

Is there a "Fix" for this Windows 10 problem??

Was "Show Windows Side by Side" Ever Fixed? [​IMG]

Was "Show Windows Side by Side" Ever Fixed? [​IMG]

JBertMcC, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

What? You haven't had an update since early December? Windows update should have delivered three Cumulative Updates since then. You should be on 14393.969 by now. And no... it hasn't been fixed in them either. Actually it looks like a bit more than two thirds of the screen is used. It's almost as if it's trying to fit into a 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 display. Or maybe it's deliberate, leaving room for the Action Center.

There is another way to arrange two windows side by side that does fit them on two halves of screen - it's Aero Snap and that has worked correctly since before Windows 10 was launched. I use it all the time, in fact I had to search and find the options on the Taskbar that you are using - I'd forgotten they were there.

Arrange your Windows in a Snap

5. sjoens Win User
    WOW. Thanks Bree. Didn't know about Aero Snap. It'll help and it seems to be the norm nowadays for software makers to abandon the old ways when a newer way is available. Still, if they're going to make the old way available it should be fixed. Oddly though, it does work right sometimes.

As for not updating Win10, I run some fickle apps that get messed up with each new update so I put a stop to it. Everything's running reasonably well as is and like to keep it that way.

sjoens, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Was "Show Windows Side by Side" Ever Fixed? - Similar Threads - Was Show Side

2. Show windows side by side in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show windows side by side in windows 11: I need your help to find this option "Show windows side by side". I'm not patient enough to split 10 or more console apps as current feature on windows 11....
  3. Show windows side by side in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show windows side by side in windows 11: I need your help to find this option "Show windows side by side". I'm not patient enough to split 10 or more console apps as current feature on windows 11....
  4. Show Windows Side by Side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show Windows Side by Side not working: Showing Windows side by side is very useful for online classes! Now when I choose the option it shrinks the windows to 1/4 size boxes as if I chose "show windows stacked". Last week when looking for a fix someone on another site suggested enabling Snap, unchecking the 3rd...
  5. Show windows side by side not working right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  6. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  7. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  8. Show windows side by side does not work

Show windows side by side does not work: Show windows side by side does not work. Looks the same as show windows stacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-side-by-side-does-not-work/47607f4c-c34f-4b5f-9b9c-577c8b0b417a
  9. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...