Windows 10: Was stuck in Windows reboot loop now can't do anything!

Discus and support Was stuck in Windows reboot loop now can't do anything! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all so my system is on Win 10 Pro and yesterday my PC started just restarting when I was trying to shut down. Could not get it to stop and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nucl3arboNg, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Was stuck in Windows reboot loop now can't do anything!

Hey all so my system is on Win 10 Pro and yesterday my PC started just restarting when I was trying to shut down. Could not get it to stop and now I can't even get into Windows at all.

I was get the Aorus screen and the preparing to repair, but when I get into advanced options it won't do anything. I've tried pretty much everything and it all fails. Can't even do a windpws reinstall from there even that fails.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do here?

:)

nucl3arboNg, Aug 24, 2020

2. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Was stuck in Windows reboot loop now can't do anything!

Windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you re currently stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform power drain and check if you are able to restore back to your normal desktop. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    I would not suggest that you format your hard drive due to the reasons below:

1. If your system was installed with Windows 8.1 at the time of purchase, formatting it will lead to a lost of your product key, as the key is pre injected to the motherboard.

2. You will be unable to activate the OS and you will have to contact your systems manufacturer if you are faced with any driver related issues.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Was stuck in Windows reboot loop now can't do anything!

1. Was stuck in Windows reboot loop now can't do anything! - Similar Threads - Was stuck reboot

2. configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...: So I just got a surface book 2 and was happy using it over the past couple of days but yesterday it asked to perform an update before shutting down so I did and it never got past the 0% mark. I also cannot press ctrl+alt+del or it won't respond to anything I try. so I cant...
  3. configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...: So I just got a surface book 2 and was happy using it over the past couple of days but yesterday it asked to perform an update before shutting down so I did and it never got past the 0% mark. I also cannot press ctrl+alt+del or it won't respond to anything I try. so I cant...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on infinite reboot loop: Not sure if this goes here but as the title say my windows 10 is stuck on a infinite loop. Yesterday night it my computer said I had a update but I didn’t bother to do it. It could have done it over night not sure. This morning I turn it on to see my computer asking for my...
  5. BSoD reboot loop with no way to input anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD reboot loop with no way to input anything: At first my hp laptop had crashed while i wasn't using it and gave the BSoD with the extra options. First I did the startup repair which took around two hours and just brought me back to where I started. Then I think I tried to boot into safe mode which required a restart,...
  6. Stuck in reboot loop

Stuck in reboot loop: My win 10 patop is stuck in a update / reboot loop It is on 1903 and trying to install 1909 but keeps on telling me rebbooting Why and what can I do to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-reboot-loop/605a9818-d14a-4997-88b3-20dfd2622478
  7. PC Stuck in reboot loop

PC Stuck in reboot loop: I selected the reset my pc using the reset pc option on windows 10 and i said it to remove everything including my personal files... Everything went on smoothly an option called american megatrend appeared and i pressed escape n then it suddenly shut down... Didn't restart...
  8. BSOD Infinite Loop, can't do anything

BSOD Infinite Loop, can't do anything: Hello, Recently I was playing Minecraft and I had just installed mods. When I installed the mods, I loaded up Minecraft and it crashed and did trial and error 3 times of removing mods and launching Minecraft to see which one was crashing it. After the third attempt, I got...
  9. Multiple BSODs, stuck in Windows Reboot loop

Multiple BSODs, stuck in Windows Reboot loop: Hi everyone, Specs: CPU - Intel i5 6700K Mobo - MSI Z170A Gaming GPU- EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 RAM - 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-2133 PSU - EVGA Supernova 750W G2 A cheap PCI wifi card that I've forgotten the brand of Drives: 500 GB SAMSUNG 850 Evo SSD 240 GB...
  10. Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer: I have been trying to reboot my computer. Ive gotten to the 100% completion of the restarting of windows, but it now continues to power off, power back on, load, flash same picture, and repeat again. It has been doing this for the past 24 hours. How do i fix this?...