Windows 10: Was the OS change cosmetic?

Discus and support Was the OS change cosmetic? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ReallyNotFunny, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Was the OS change cosmetic?

All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care about the operating system, whether it is 10 or 11 etc.. I don't see speed differences, or a visible benefit. Again, I run applications. Security for my profile of use is very likely sufficient for me. 11 is just .... looking different. What in Windows 11 am I missing here?

:)

ReallyNotFunny, Oct 20, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 20, 2021
  3. How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Was the OS change cosmetic?

Cosmetic Change suggestions

Was the OS change cosmetic? Capture045.jpg

First suggestion - the Bus interface reading.

The current method is

Card max bandwidth (2.0 appears on 2.0 slots) @ Card current bandwidth (2.0 appears in 2.0 mode)

I get many people asking me on and off forum, how that works - they dont know which ones motherboard, which ones video card, and which ones the current speed without sitting down and working it out (negating the point of a tool that can easily give you such information), or they have to google it to figure out which device is which.

the 2.0 popup also causes confusion, since there is no 1.0/1.1 popup. When one device holds it back, people dont KNOW. Again, negates the point of an easy to use tool.

My suggestion:
    Change it into three fields/boxes.
    VGA max:
    Slot max:
    Current:

and show either 1.x or 2.0 in each field - no more leaving it blank on 1.x connections.
    This may take up more space in the UI, but who's to say you cant move it to another tab? i'm sure people would appreciate the full information in an easier to understand format.

Second suggestion:
    When running SLI or crossfire, there is no distinction between which card is being displayed. With people using this for OCing validation, its easy for someone to post two screenshots of the one card (the better clocking one) and pretend its both cards running at the same clocks. CPU-Z numbers itself to prevent this - See "processor 1" at the bottom.

Was the OS change cosmetic? Capture046.jpg

Third change, for whatever reason GPU-Z looks whopping huge when ran on windows 7 on a 1080P screen - disabling the default "125%" screen size option seems to change everything except GPU-Z and older CPU-Z versions to their proper size.

Mussels, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Was the OS change cosmetic?

1. Was the OS change cosmetic? - Similar Threads - Was change cosmetic

2. Was the OS change cosmetic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was the OS change cosmetic?: All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care about the operating system, whether it is 10 or 11 etc.. I don't see speed differences, or a visible benefit. Again, I run...
  3. Changing my os...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing my os...: I have manjaro Linux installed on my pc and want to switch to windows 10. How do I do this? I don’t want a dual boot I want to switch completely. submitted by /u/Eladius [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/labty7/changing_my_os/
  4. Minecraft bedrock cosmetic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock cosmetic issues: After updating to 1.16.0, a lot of the text on elements of the UI dissappeared. This was fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling. Then another issue cropped up and no amount of reinstalling or resetting the app has helped. Now some features of the cosmetic Character Creator...
  5. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar: Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away...
  6. Changing OS

Changing OS: Is there any way I can change my OS from chrome to windows on hp chromebook? submitted by /u/Hypoleon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwmn6c/changing_os/
  7. How to clean dirty laptop physically/cosmetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean dirty laptop physically/cosmetically?: Have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop bought years ago. It works fine. The exterior of it is a bit dirty but because its silver, it looks good. Now when you open the laptop and look at the touchpad and the areas around the keyboard etc, there is like dirty fingerprints around that...
  8. Change OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change OS: Is it a good idea to change one operating system to anothet... I wantrd to change my window 10 OS to windows 8 or other OS. What are the pros and cons of the idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-os/0c837006-9fdd-45eb-b941-23083245aa80
  9. OS Changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Changing: I recently knew my machine is running 32 bit x64 processor and the problem of it is its operation keeps hanging when opening programs. Therefore, i was advised to change my window OS from 32 bit to 64 bi since it ia capable to run it. After that advice, i i downloaded that 64...
  10. win10 cosmetic problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 cosmetic problems: Hello! I just bought a brand new laptop and installed win10. I had problems with updating but i fixed them. Now im using the latest update. There are 2 small problems which are annoying for me: 1. When i enter display settings by right clicking on desktop sometimes but not...