Windows 10: Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external...

Discus and support Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to backup different directories to repair Windows on a Seagate external hard drive. However, it keeps freezing at about 5%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaCaleb, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external...

I have been trying to backup different directories to repair Windows on a Seagate external hard drive. However, it keeps freezing at about 5%. Different articles say to disable and enable caching, and then to repair the external hard drive. But each article shows this policy tab. However, each article shows a policy tab that is not in my device manager. I do not see a policies tab. So how am I supposed to disable or enable cache? I cannot enhance the performance to see if it will fix the problem. My dad was able to back up his hard drive just fine. I also was able to back up other directories on a different external hard drive without any problems. It suggests it is the seagate drive. I noticed that on my seagate drive manager, that it is not recognized. However, that software came with a different seagate hard drive. Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external... c23cddda-a1bd-442a-bf0f-74af36b8d504?upload=true.png

https://www.ubackup.com/synchronization/external-hard-drive-freezes-when-copying-files-8523.html

https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/how-to-improve-performance-of-an-external-drive-in-windows/

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...file-tranfer-freezes-half-way-through.656234/

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

no enhancements tab on my speaker properties HP windows 10

Hi Manuelde,

Outdated audio driver is one of the usual caused why the enhancements tab is not appearing on the speakers properties. There are also audio drivers that don't have an enhancement tab.

To isolate the root cause of the issue, we need additional information:

• Which audio driver are you using?
    • Were you able to use the enhancement tab before?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the driver using the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 27, 2021
  3. No enhancement tab

Hi ThomasMichel1,

Please try to perform the following and see if the Enhancement tab will reappear:

1. Press the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Look for Realtek High Definition Audio under Sound under video and game controllers.
    4. Disable it first then right-click on it again but this time click on
      Update driver
    5. Click on the option to Browse my computer for driver software.
    6. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    7. Click on High definition audio device.
    8. Click on Next.
    9. When asked, select “Yes” and a confirmation window should appear indicating that the process has completed.
    10. Reboot your computer if prompted.

Update us on the result.

Gerald Vit, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external...

External HardDrive Problem (please help Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external... :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external...

1. Was the policies tab removed in a Windows update for enhancing performance for external... - Similar Threads - Was policies tab

2. Enhancement tab is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab is missing: Hi,After running sysprep 'Enhancement' is getting deleted from Control Panel -> Sound and replaced with 'Effects' tab.As per our product requirement 'Enhancement' should exists. Is anyone have an idea why it is deleted?Thanks...
  3. Enhancement tab is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab is missing: Hi,After running sysprep 'Enhancement' is getting deleted from Control Panel -> Sound and replaced with 'Effects' tab.As per our product requirement 'Enhancement' should exists. Is anyone have an idea why it is deleted?Thanks...
  4. Enhancement tab is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 - Missing Enhancement Tab

Windows 11 - Missing Enhancement Tab: Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and now the enhancement tab is missing in the sound properties. I cannot figure out how to get it back. My laptop is an Acer, I have tried downloading and installing the latest audio driver from their product website but to no avail. Can...
  6. Enhancements Tab Is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancements Tab Is Missing: Hello I hope you are doing fine.A while ago I got a new Jounivo JV906 microphone, and it's great with a good pricing around $30, anyways the one issue with this microphone is that it has a buzzing/static noise effect in the background, now after research I found that Windows...
  7. Enhancements Tab Is Missing

Enhancements Tab Is Missing: Hello I hope you are doing fine.A while ago I got a new Jounivo JV906 microphone, and it's great with a good pricing around $30, anyways the one issue with this microphone is that it has a buzzing/static noise effect in the background, now after research I found that Windows...
  8. Enhancements Tab Is Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Missing policies tab for external Hard drives

Missing policies tab for external Hard drives: I have two external HD's that have a missing policies tab Found article on how to find it but in doing so as suggested there is no policy tabs. How to manage disk write caching for external storage on Windows 10 | Windows Central I have two mercury elite pro hard external...
  10. No enhancement tab

No enhancement tab: I always used the enhancement tab on my previous Toshiba notebook with Windows 7, but when I got my new HP notebook with Windows 10 (and before any updates), I checked the enhancement tab but it wasn't there. I thought that maybe because I didn't updated my notebook. But...