Windows 10: Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet?

Discus and support Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, It would seem that in response to issues/posts like this (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mop Closet IT, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet?

Hello,

It would seem that in response to issues/posts like this

( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop-winpc/how-to-keep-windows-10-taskbar-on-top-all-windows/001c9927-83a0-42eb-a9f8-6b8e6a94a13f )

Microsoft has fixed this "bug" and the task bar now stays on top of all open windows. However, it does not appear that a check box to allow users to control this behavior for themselves was added. We have some users that want open windows to be on top of the task bar but they do not want to auto-hide the task bar. That is how Windows behaved before a recent(?) update. I am glad that the bug was fixed but why does it seem like the more "features" that are added, the more control is taken away from the users. The mentioned check box was present in past versions of Windows.

Thanks,

Recap: A user would like to have open windows be always on top of the task bar without using "auto-hide".

:)

Mop Closet IT, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2018
  4. I_askYou Win User

Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet?

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet?

1. Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet? - Similar Threads - Was taskbar top

2. Taskbar on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on top: Why have you disabled taskbar functionality to move it to the top? This is a HUGE defect and with 22H2 I am no longer able to do a workaround. For many years with WIN versions I have always had my taskbar on top and for you Microsoft to deny this is unacceptable. Also, with...
  3. Taskbar on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar on top: Why have you disabled taskbar functionality to move it to the top? This is a HUGE defect and with 22H2 I am no longer able to do a workaround. For many years with WIN versions I have always had my taskbar on top and for you Microsoft to deny this is unacceptable. Also, with...
  4. top taskbar

top taskbar: hi, so i used to have a top task bar before the july 2023 update happened. when the latest update was installed, it went back to the bottom original position. i tried changing the registries again and also restarted my explorer but it didn't work. it seems like explorer is no...
  5. A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear: After upgrade to Win11, I find that when I mouse over the search button on the task bar, a shadow box appear, and it would not go away and that shadow area cannot mouse click over it , it will affect me to click over the application windows , I've tried on three computers and...
  6. A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear

A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear: After upgrade to Win11, I find that when I mouse over the search button on the task bar, a shadow box appear, and it would not go away and that shadow area cannot mouse click over it , it will affect me to click over the application windows , I've tried on three computers and...
  7. cannot put check in box to add color to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot put check in box to add color to taskbar: Taskbar color suddenly turned white which is a distraction. Tried to change background color but SETTINGS would not allow me to check box to color taskbar...
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar Is Always On Top, Cannot Be Made NOT On Top.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Is Always On Top, Cannot Be Made NOT On Top.: There have been many requests for the option to make the taskbar NOT always on top, some dating back to 2012. I'm sure there are earlier requests but it's impossible for me to add my comments to them as they are all "Locked", with no resolution. So what is the problem,...
  9. Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?: Is there a way to have the search box show on the taskbar when the taskbar has been relocated to the top of the screen? All I can seem to figure out is how to have an icon for search instead of the box actually in the taskbar. 12620
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Always on TOP.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Always on TOP.: Hello I recently Updated my Windows 10 and my taskbar seems to be on top of everything. Borderless Games, Youtube Full Screen etc. Is there a way to fix that problem without having to "Automatically hide the task bar in Desktop Mode?" *Smile Thank you *Smile 65639