Windows 10: Was there a search bar update today?

Discus and support Was there a search bar update today? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Mine changed. It used to have four or five icons on the top. With one column showing my recent apps, and the other one with weather and an icon for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rockfan13, Feb 4, 2021.

1. rockfan13 Win User

Was there a search bar update today?

Mine changed. It used to have four or five icons on the top. With one column showing my recent apps, and the other one with weather and an icon for news. This just changed today. Now it's showing me weather and multiple news stories on the left, and tons of my recent apps on the right.

:)

rockfan13, Feb 4, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 4, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Was there a search bar update today?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Was there a search bar update today?

1. Was there a search bar update today? - Similar Threads - Was search bar

2. Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.: Hello, I would like to inquire as to why a header such as this one would randomly show up over the search bar UI and how I can get rid of it. In particular this one seems to have my university´s logo, and the only correlation I can see with this, is that I am signed into my...
  3. Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.: Hello, I would like to inquire as to why a header such as this one would randomly show up over the search bar UI and how I can get rid of it. In particular this one seems to have my university´s logo, and the only correlation I can see with this, is that I am signed into my...
  4. Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.

in Cortana
  5. window update and search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window update and search bar: Good Morning i hope you are having a good day i'm salem from tunisia i'm 24 years old i'm a full stack developer and football player anyway i want to ask about something if you could help i will be thankfull my windows won't update something went wrong please try to reopen...
  6. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New small image next to search bar today: This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-small-image-next-to-search-bar-today/05f118b6-6911-45f0-aee6-69a44aa37d50
  7. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New small image next to search bar today: This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-small-image-next-to-search-bar-today/05f118b6-6911-45f0-aee6-69a44aa37d50
  8. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Cortana
    Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  10. Search bar acting weird today.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar acting weird today.: Alright guys; So since today, I have this little problem which makes a box around the search bar thing.Let me show you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzfac-tRBIICA77mKYLhLUG95OsPn_h3/view?usp=sharing As you see in the picture, I have a little black outline around the...