Windows 10: Was there an update effecting pointer-speed?

Discus and support Was there an update effecting pointer-speed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was there a new update (I noticed today) affecting pointer-speed or acceleration? My mouse's speed is wonky. I know I how to change it, but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slicedtoad, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Was there an update effecting pointer-speed?

Was there a new update (I noticed today) affecting pointer-speed or acceleration?

My mouse's speed is wonky. I know I how to change it, but it's kind of annoying to figure out where it was earlier (both in speed and acceleration amount). I'd like to know if it's an MS update or some other program I have running in the background.

:)

slicedtoad, Sep 29, 2016

2. There was an error resetting your PC

None of those methods worked, I got the error "cannot access the file because is used by another process." :/

Marco Whyte, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Win32Exception: There was an error while creating a new profile for user

Hi

I have been trying for some time to upgrade my current version of Windows 10 Pro (v 1607 Build 14393.2125), but every time I try it I am getting an error and it is rolling it back to the existing version.

The error is being caused by:

SP pSPDoOnlineApply: Migration phase caught exception: Win32Exception: There was an error while creating a new profile for user. Profile exists but no profile path could be found.: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [0x800700B7]
    class UnBCL::String *__cdecl Mig::COnlineWinNTPlatform::CreateProfileForUser(class UnBCL::String *,class UnBCL::String *,class UnBCL::String *,class UnBCL::String *,int,class UnBCL::String **,class UnBCL::String **)

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Info SP SPExecuteFirstBootApply: End run. Result: 0x00000004

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Error SP Apply: Migration phase failed. Result: 4

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Info SP SetupPlatform: Global progress: 54, Phase progress: 53

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Info SP SETUPPLATFORMEXE: Sending progress message: Phase: First Boot, Operation: Migrate data, Percentage: 53%

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Info SP SETUPPLATFORMCOMM: Progress message received: Phase: First Boot, Operation: Migrate data, Percentage: 53%

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Error SP Operation failed: First boot apply. Error: 0x8007001F[gle=0x000000b7]

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Error SP Operation execution failed: 13. hr = 0x8007001F

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Error SP ExecuteOperations: Failed execution phase Post First Boot. Error: 0x8007001F

2018-03-22 14:49:37, Error

I have searched for an answer and tried numerous "fixes", but cannot get the update to work. The only way forward appears to be to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro v1709

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

BradGriffin1, Sep 29, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Was there an update effecting pointer-speed?

If you are on the Anniversary Update (1607) then, yes - a new update has just been released.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...tory?ocid=1607

5. I don't see anything about an update to pointer-speed (cursor/mouse/wtvr) there. Am I missing something?

slicedtoad, Sep 29, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    The mouse settings may have been inadvertently reset by some of the other changes in this update. Check your update history, if the date and time it was installed match, then it is the likely culprit.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Was there an update effecting pointer-speed?

1. Was there an update effecting pointer-speed? - Similar Threads - Was update effecting

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  4. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. windows pointer speed affect games sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows pointer speed affect games sensitivity: hello. i have a question, does the windows pointer speed affect in-game sensitivity or only the the DPI does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pointer-speed-affect-games-sensitivity/e16dbbfe-a648-42a1-9780-d70f997d1883
  6. Is Cursor speed and Pointer speed the same thing or do they stack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Cursor speed and Pointer speed the same thing or do they stack: As title. Is there a difference between the two settings? And where should I place the ticks on these settings so that I know my mouse is operating at its actual DPI? e.g. 800 DPI as set in my mouse software submitted by /u/xAdventx [link] [comments]...
  7. mouse pointer speed

mouse pointer speed: I had the perfect mouse pointer speed yesterday but when I got on my computer today it was very slow. I raised it to the fastest speed and it is still too slow. what did ya'll do and what needs to be done to fix this?...
  8. POINTER SPEED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POINTER SPEED: Hello, my pointer is moving so fast and then so slow even when I try to adjust the settings. what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-speed/03534a03-dff6-44f0-8bb6-333626b003f5
  9. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...