Windows 10: Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when...

Discus and support Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a while i just held down the power button to restart it but any idea why it would get stuck like that ? Cause it has never happened before and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Green_Dayzed, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when...

After a while i just held down the power button to restart it but any idea why it would get stuck like that ? Cause it has never happened before and i know hard reseting it like that can cause damage.

submitted by /u/Green_Dayzed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Green_Dayzed, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Nellie845 Win User

blank screen after watching videos in full screen

Hi,

After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt
    to close the program but the option pops up saying do you want to close multiple tabs? and I can't click on it because the screen goes back to being all white.

I have a surface pro 4

Nellie845, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when...

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when...

1. Was watching a streaming video when my screen just went blank (the color of the screen when... - Similar Threads - Was watching streaming

2. Blue Screen When I watch Videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen When I watch Videos: Every time I watch Netflix or YouTube and sometimes when i use the internet at all my computer blue screens and the error code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP I dont know what is causing this but it happens multiple times during the day and multiple times in a hour. Please...
  3. Weird screen glitching when watching videos

Weird screen glitching when watching videos: My laptop has been acting very weird for a long time, and I have been unable to find a solution. Whenever I watch a video on for example Youtube, the screen will randomly start glitching out. This can happen after a minute or an hour of watch time. As soon as it starts...
  4. Green screen when watching a video

Green screen when watching a video: Hello, it must have been 2 months since I have empty green screens that appear randomly when I watch videos, whether on youtube, twich or netflix. However, I do not know that it comes from windows or the graphics card. There are several errors that appear at the time of the...
  5. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  6. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...
  7. Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  8. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  9. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  10. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...