Windows 10: Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10?

Discus and support Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Windows DVD Maker was ported to Windows 10? 91241 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by King Mustard, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10?

Does anyone know if Windows DVD Maker was ported to Windows 10?

:)

King Mustard, Aug 12, 2017

2. Nokia Lumia 930 and 630 with windows phone 8,1 wont run on any Asus laptops

Hiya Garym123,

Both Windows 7 versions are 64 bit came with Windows Media and Windows DVD maker. Also add that I've tried USB 2 and 3 ports, on both laptops.

Looking forward to read more. Thank you.

Kim SøndergårdAndersen, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Will the DVD Maker & DVD Player be included Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and was disappointed to find the DVD Maker and DVD Player are no longer included as I used them a lot in my

old machine with Windows Movie Maker.

Will the DVD Maker & DVD Player be included Windows 10?

If not, any suggestions as to the best DVD Maker & Player to obtain that will work with Movie Maker.

RogerHGilbert, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10?

No. It was a deprecated feature along with the Media Centre and Windows 10 Setup would remove it if upgrading from a Media Centre edition of Win7/8.

There are free alternatives. I used to use DVD Maker with Windows 7, but switched to DVD Styler when I took the free upgrade to Win 10. I use the Portable Apps version.

https://portableapps.com/apps/music_...tyler_portable

The ability to play DVDs was removed too. For that I use VLC Media Player.

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

5. Edwin New Member
    No it wasn't! *Sad

Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10? [​IMG]

There are plenty of 3rd party apps available as well.

Edwin, Aug 12, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

for PLAYING DVD's especially on remote TV's install KODI. Will actually play more codecs than the normally excellent VLC and will play direct .iso DVD ripped files too. It will also play .mts files captured from some video capturing devices when you want to copy SKY GO / AMAZON PRIME / NETFLIX stuff to HDD (although you have to do this in REAL TIME with an HDMI splitter --doesn't work on UHD TV yet but will on full 1080p).

I stack up a whole slew of stuff to play overnight and capture it all on HDD for playing later. I then can delete from SKY Q box to reclaim HDD space.

For HDMI splitting use a CHEAP generic chinese / taiwanese one something like Isolem-- this will split off DRM and pass video / sound to the capture device. The expensive ones retain DRM so you don't capture the video !!!!. Note you need HDMI v2 for this --these splitters usually accommodate that version of HDMI in their hardware and you need the proper HDMI cables of course.

can't help you though on CREATING DVD's.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10?

1. Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Was DVD Maker

2. Kworld dvd maker 2 fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kworld dvd maker 2 fix: After struggling with this capture device for near on 7 hours I have finally succeeded in making it work seamlessly.I was advised that windows 10 and 11 have built in anti piracy software installed. This was making my capture glitch flash and have green flashes also. I hot...
  3. Windows DVD Maker on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows DVD Maker on Windows 10?: Something I really miss in Windows 10 is the Windows DVD Maker. I tried to get it running on Windows 10 by copying the DVD Maker directory from Windows 7 over to Windows 10. When I run it, I get the following error: [IMG] I know there are other DVD making programs out...
  4. Windows DVD maker for Windows 10

Windows DVD maker for Windows 10: Can I buy a windows dvd maker for windows 10 ***Modified title from: Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-maker-for-windows-10/580ac43e-f0be-415c-aa13-e660086165a1
  5. Windows DVD Maker - Pro

Windows DVD Maker - Pro: Hello, Ref: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/details?orderId=0405c318-d121-4c07-a972-2334309fce74 We just purchased Windows DVD Maker - Pro ($10.81) from your Microsoft Store (see Order number 6736464628, June 4, 2019). However, we did "not" receive an email...
  6. Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker: I have a DVD I burned of a movie I made for a celebration of/for my mom. It is in the msdvd format. How can I get it to play now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-cd-created-2009-in-windows-dvd-maker/dc30efb1-68bb-4d9b-b438-f14abf2fa0f4"
  7. Windows DVD maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows DVD maker: I have windows 10, but like the ease of the old windows DVD maker supported by windows 7, how can I get to use the old version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-dvd-maker/940c08f9-3f24-4330-9ce7-ba240631f05c
  8. DVD maker software

DVD maker software: Hello Forum, Can someone recommend for a dvd maker program (free if possible), to be able to do menus \ chapters, save the output to the hard disk. To burn it on a dvd disk I have a nice program "CD Burner xp" it is way better then the windows built in burning program....
  9. Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program

Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program: Coming from Windows Vista to Windows 10. Have used both the Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker on Vista. I see there is a compatible version of Windows Movie Maker available for W10 and I have installed it. However, I'll be darned if I can find a standalone download...
  10. DVD maker and movie maker

DVD maker and movie maker: I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped right over that OS. I am interested in trying to install them on my Windows 10 laptop. I know they can be re acquired via...