Windows 10: WASD not working on games

Discus and support WASD not working on games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All the buttons dont work during a game but they work perfectly when the games isnt on. When I press W during a game, it exits and opens whiteboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SYUNGERS, May 19, 2020.

1. SYUNGERS Win User

WASD not working on games

All the buttons dont work during a game but they work perfectly when the games isnt on. When I press W during a game, it exits and opens whiteboard. Only esc works during a game and my cursor.

:)

SYUNGERS, May 19, 2020

2. WASD now working in games

i have a laptop and i cant use wasd keys while playing certain games and the only way to move the character is to use arrow keys.There is no problem with the keys and i tried to use other keyboard. I havent plugged in any other controller . Hope i hear
    back from you as soon as possible.

KarthikIyer, May 19, 2020
  3. wasd not working while playing any game ... dint had this issue before

i was playing games with wasd keys but now i cant play

AAYUSHKUMAR2577, May 19, 2020
  4. WASD not working on games

wasd not working while playing any game ... dint had this issue before

Hi,

The primary reason why you're encountering issues with the WASD function keys while playing games on Windows 10 is due to an outdated version of the keyboard's driver. For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following
    questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
    • Are you getting any error messages when using the WASD function keys?
    If you're using a laptop, kindly connect a wired keyboard and check if you'll encounter the same issue.

The devices and hardware troubleshooter can help diagnose and resolve hardware issues. Refer to

How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions
    and look for Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

Catherine Cus., May 19, 2020
Thema:

WASD not working on games

1. WASD not working on games - Similar Threads - WASD working games

2. My arrow keys are wasd

in Windows 10 Customization
    My arrow keys are wasd: Hi, so I can not use arrows keys because they are typing wasd instead, I tried some things with FN and different keys but it does not work. I also tried updating the drivers. It is kinda annoying and I can not do anything about it, any help pls?...
  3. Game bar doesnt work on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar doesnt work on games: Today when I wanted to record game footage for youtube I kept on pressing the shortcut key to open game bar but it wasnt opening. I closed the games and pressed it in settings and surprisingly it opened. I dont understand the use if the game bar doesnt show up in games....
  4. Game not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game not working: When I went into the app store and tried to download paladins, and it said I owned the game. but it also said that I don't have any devices linked to my Microsoft account. I logged in to my Ipad's Microsoft's account but it still doesn't work. I tried refreshing and it says...
  5. Game pass games won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass games won't work: I can't seem to run Gears 5 or The Outer Worlds, any help would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I run them I get this error code. "Location of exe... File system error (-1069586941)" When I try to download Gears of War 4 I get this error too: Something unexpected...
  6. Game pass games won't work

Game pass games won't work: I can't seem to run Gears 5 or The Outer Worlds, any help would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I run them I get this error code. "Location of exe... File system error (-1069586941)" When I try to download Gears of War 4 I get this error too: Something unexpected...
  7. Game DVR not working in game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR not working in game: A few days ago the Xbox game bar stopped working in any of my games, when I press the shortcut win+G to bring up the game bar it will only do so on my desktop and not in any of my games. I have tried repairing and uninstalling the game bar and also checking all of the...
  8. game not working

game not working: minion rush game is still loading for a long time but not working. i mean it didn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-not-working/79a97446-a14d-4349-b621-be0fe8558d52"
  9. internet games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet games not working: all internet games are not working and have the following message when trying to run: A network error occurred while communication with the game server. Error Code: 0x80041006 can it be sorted please...
  10. Modem games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modem games not working: So I finally forced my Desktop to install Windows 10 Pro and it all went without any problems, until... I have Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas modded like crazy. I spent weeks on each making them as perfect as I could. I had hundreds of mods that would improve even the...