Windows 10: washed out display

Discus and support washed out display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I get greenish washed out colors on display after waking PC from sleep. I uninstalled and updated graphic driver. high contrast or color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cristina2711, Feb 10, 2019.

1. washed out display

Hi

I get greenish washed out colors on display after waking PC from sleep. I uninstalled and updated graphic driver. high contrast or color temperature is turned off. this happened before, also after waking from sleep, but was fixed after restart. now it doesn't work anymore.

I have a win 10, 64 bit. Intel HD graphics 4600.

:)

cristina2711, Feb 10, 2019

2. Washed out colours after display sleep

I have the problem of washed out colours after power management turns the display off. This PC has Nvidia 7050 chip, Nvidia no longer support this, so win 10 has installed Microsoft basic driver, which is a step forward as previous builds just said this
    pc is not compatible.

Also I have set the display turn off time to never, will this also stop the PC from going to standby/sleep?

Steve-Ellington, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 10, 2019
  4. alone Win User

washed out display

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

washed out display [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

washed out display [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

washed out display

1. washed out display - Similar Threads - washed display

2. Screen display appears washed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen display appears washed out.: After the latest Windows update, my display screen appears to be "washed out". The colors are dull and without contrast. I tried several fixes, including updating display driver, reverting back to an old driver, turning off HDR, etc. The black colors especially look grey and...
  3. Screen display appears washed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen display appears washed out.: After the latest Windows update, my display screen appears to be "washed out". The colors are dull and without contrast. I tried several fixes, including updating display driver, reverting back to an old driver, turning off HDR, etc. The black colors especially look grey and...
  4. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  5. Washed out display color

Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  6. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display has changed to a washed/faded look

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display has changed to a washed/faded look: Can someone please help me? I updated to Windows 11 a while ago and everything was fine. Now the display/colors look washed and faded and I am not great with computers but tried to install all new updates then revert to back from when it was normal and nothing... this is what...
  8. Display has changed to a washed/faded look

Display has changed to a washed/faded look: Can someone please help me? I updated to Windows 11 a while ago and everything was fine. Now the display/colors look washed and faded and I am not great with computers but tried to install all new updates then revert to back from when it was normal and nothing... this is what...
  9. Colors on external display washed out after awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colors on external display washed out after awake from sleep: Hi,I have an MSI WS63 8SK with an NVIDIA P3200 Graphics card, connected to an LG Ultrafine 4k HDR display through a displayport. I currently have it in windows HDR mode, and it generally operates fine. I'm using the web based Lagom LCD test, and the gamma and contrast passes....
  10. Color display is all wrong and washed out. None of the light colors are seen on my Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Color display is all wrong and washed out. None of the light colors are seen on my Windows...: Can anyone help me with this ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-display-is-all-wrong-and-washed-out-none-of/fe9c7cf5-2c9d-4493-b7d9-e84c12b30554

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display washed out

2. display washed out window 10

3. monitor display washed out

4. windows display washed out,
  5. flash content washed out on windows pc