Windows 10: Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install

Discus and support Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having a real frustrating problem with color accuracy/picture quality. Maybe I'm missing something obviuos but I have trawled the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lex42, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Lex42 Win User

Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install

Hello.

I'm having a real frustrating problem with color accuracy/picture quality.
    Maybe I'm missing something obviuos but I have trawled the internet for answers.

My setup:

• Windows 10 updated
    • Nvidia 980ti
    • Acer XB270HU -Displayport
    • ASUS VG258 -Displayport
    • 442.50 drivers also tested a couple of older ones, usually don't update more than once a couple months

Without any drivers installed after DDU/format C-drive both monitors have a great black contrast and good colors.

But directly after Nvidia Driver installation even before a restart everything gets really washed out and stays bad.

Why is this happening and can I disable/remove whatever is happening at the end of installation?

I had this computer for several years except sec monitor which is a little newer and everything worked great.

Recently bought two new displayport cables for the monitors to test, Asus ran on a HDMI connection before.

Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install e5e0440c-764b-41f5-bc9b-9f30f959ba77?upload=true.jpg Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install 2e6bf12c-bb36-4ee5-a391-f767f5f1611a?upload=true.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/WB58jb1?&nc

Tried taking screenshots of my problem and if I can do that it must be a software problem?

Did something change in Windows or Nvidia driver recently that can do this?

Steps I have tried to troubleshoot:

• x-rite i1 colorimeter to check if my eyes are deceiving me and generate icc-profiles
    • Nvidia control panel settings, check the cable signal full-limited range. was Full both monitors.
    • Disabled Windows services "Display Policy Service", Display Enhancment Service"
    • Removed checkmarks for "Use Windows Calibration" in Control Panel
    • Disabled the "Calibration Loader" in "Task Scheduler"
    • Removed drivers with DDU prior to test older ones
    • Full format of C-disc and reinstall of latest Windows 10 version
    • Removed all my saved user settings in OneDrive account

Thanks for taking the time reading.
    Hopefully it's fixable.

:)

Lex42, Mar 9, 2020

2. Monitor is color washed

I recently updated Windows and my second monitor is color washed. (not the intended picture, more of a trippy color picture) I have checked the monitor and its color scheme is correct and looks great when not using the input from my computer. I know its
    not the cord because i switched the cords between both my monitors and the same one is having the problems. It is strange. I used Print Screen to see if it could catch it and it showed a normal picture. I'm not sure what i should do next. (i am currently downloading
    an updated video driver in case that is the problem)

AaronBudge, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

I wonder why nobody has suggested the OP to make a screenshot of display showing these "washed out colors"? Everything I have read in this thread suggests that the issue is not in Windows, but instead in display / monitor.

My suggestion: next time you'll see these washed out colors, make a screenshot and post it here. If the screenshot shows us that colors are OK, then the issue is your monitor failing.

Tutorials you might need:

Kari, Mar 9, 2020
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

Because...

Thema:

1. Washed out monitor colors after Nvidia driver install - Similar Threads - Washed monitor colors

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. Washed out monitor colors after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Washed out monitor colors after update: Hello!I still have a problem I created a question about, which is for some reason locked, without any response to it!I am using programs to draw images, and for that I have calibrated my second monitor connected to my laptop with a Spyder 5 pro. This monitor is a BenQ RL2455...
  5. Washed out colors after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out colors after update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Severe_Alternative19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwjaxh/washed_out_colors_after_update/
  6. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  7. Washed out colors after update.

Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  8. Washed out colors after update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Washed out colors after update 1909: Hi, I've recently updated Windows 10 and as result the color are completely messed up, and I can't turn night light on either. Also, when I switch HDR video off it still remains on. https://imgur.com/a/f7838aR I have an Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA Geforce MX150...
  9. Washed out Taskbar Color

Washed out Taskbar Color: I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I noticed my Taskbar was no longer anywhere near the color it had been - a slightly-lighter shade of my dark green background...
  10. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia mx250 looks washed out