Windows 10: Washed out Taskbar Color

Discus and support Washed out Taskbar Color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nathanlenz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Washed out Taskbar Color

I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I noticed my Taskbar was no longer anywhere near the color it had been - a slightly-lighter shade of my dark green background color.

So I started searching for 'How to fix this'. Every one I read gave the following steps:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Go to Personalize.

3. Go to Colors.

4. Go to 'Show accent color on the following surfaces'.

5 Check the box labeled 'Start, taskbar, and action center'

And that's when everything comes to a screaming halt, because my 'Start, taskbar, and action center' check-box is grayed out and inaccessible (see enclosed image). So now I have a very pale green taskbar - so pale it's difficult to see the icons (also see enclosed image).

I want to return the taskbar to the same darker green it was when I left this morning.

Assistance, please. And please don't tell me, 'Just follow the directions everybody else has given', because they don't work.

Image:

Washed out Taskbar Color 612b9fe6-8552-4ab3-afd9-4aff6c4790b5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Nathanlenz, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Washed out Taskbar Color

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Washed out Taskbar Color

1. Washed out Taskbar Color - Similar Threads - Washed Taskbar Color

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Washed out colors after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out colors after update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Severe_Alternative19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwjaxh/washed_out_colors_after_update/
  6. colors get washed out

colors get washed out: The problem has showed up out of nowhere. When I turned on my PC, the colors have changed and seemed like washed out. I tried to reboot the PC but it didn’t help. I’d had bright colors before....
  7. Colors dull and washed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors dull and washed out: The colors on my Lenovo Yoga C740 are washed out and dull. I tried to calibrate it but that didn't work. Is there a fix for this, or is it just my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colors-dull-and-washed-out/b2a7fd3f-ae8a-4971-afb2-e1bfb6c2223e
  8. Washed out colors after update.

Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  9. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...
  10. Washed out taskbar fonts

Washed out taskbar fonts: Have washed out toolbar fonts? Is there a tweak to make them crisp ? [img] 32905

Users found this page by searching for:

1. washed out notification tray windows 10

2. i cant select the start taskbar and action center button in settings