Windows 10: wasn't exactly sure where to post this: Account Login Question

Discus and support wasn't exactly sure where to post this: Account Login Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am asking a question about my account login, and stating a issue My laptop is currently logged out of my account because I forgot my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rusty193, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Rusty193 Win User

wasn't exactly sure where to post this: Account Login Question

Hello,

I am asking a question about my account login, and stating a issue

My laptop is currently logged out of my account because I forgot my password.

The email and phone number cant be used because my phone was stolen and my email is connected to that phone number, however I have my account logged in on a new device. Is it possible I could use that device to log-in on my current one? Or at least reset my password there?

-

For a more clear excerpt,

I'm logged in on a separate device but forgot my password. It was rebooted cause of possible hardware issues and it's been off for a long time. I can't use the current security methods, so is there a way I can see my password by using my Windows PIN-LOCK or reset it from the device that is logged in?

:)

Rusty193, Mar 4, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 4, 2021
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    WiIfred P, Mar 4, 2021
  4. wasn't exactly sure where to post this: Account Login Question

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

wasn't exactly sure where to post this: Account Login Question

1. wasn't exactly sure where to post this: Account Login Question - Similar Threads - wasn't exactly sure

2. Where can I post questions for Visual Studio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I post questions for Visual Studio?: I can't seem to find the correct place for those questions.Thanks,Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-post-questions-for-visual-studio/66575a75-e83a-4fcb-9aba-5a342da3f8db
  3. Where can I post questions for Visual Studio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I post questions for Visual Studio?: I can't seem to find the correct place for those questions.Thanks,Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-post-questions-for-visual-studio/66575a75-e83a-4fcb-9aba-5a342da3f8db
  4. Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  5. Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers

Where are my posted question on Microsoft answers: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  6. Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?: I have a question about FancyZone in PowerToyz. Where should I post my quesation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-powertoys-fancyzones-community-where-to/ab80f0de-ca36-4e86-9d71-fcc58b9ffbed
  7. Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?

Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?: I have a question about FancyZone in PowerToyz. Where should I post my quesation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-powertoys-fancyzones-community-where-to/ab80f0de-ca36-4e86-9d71-fcc58b9ffbed
  8. Not sure where to post this, but I have some questions about hard drives/OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure where to post this, but I have some questions about hard drives/OS: I have a win 10 pc, and my friend just gave me a 500gb hard drive from his older windows vista pc. If I put that in my D: drive, how would that work? And how would I be able to wipe that drive clean for my use? submitted by /u/MediocoreRedstoner [link] [comments]...
  9. Where to post this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where to post this?: Hi madam/sir. I expressed my thoughts, at a link below. umm but i was kind of wondering if there a more appropriate place to put it, so it's open for other people to chime in on it if it is of their interest?...
  10. Recently been getting a repeated BSOD and wasn't sure where to post dmps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently been getting a repeated BSOD and wasn't sure where to post dmps: As the title says, I've been havign issues with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD as of late, it only started popping up when i got my Oculus Rift S and I'm not sure if it's the cause as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a couple times so yeah, any help is...