Windows 10: Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld

Discus and support Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld. I own other keys I can find no way to recover online. How many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoPhule, Apr 20, 2022.

1. NoPhule Win User

Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld

Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld. I own other keys I can find no way to recover online. How many times do I have to pay $100 for a Professional Upgrade that never lasts past the next upgrade?

:)

NoPhule, Apr 20, 2022

2. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

You have to buy windows 8.1 Pro.

The Windows 10 key is only for Windows 10.

There is Downgrade Rights but you don't qualify for it as you bought Windows 10 Pro yourself and they only apply to OEM preinstalled Windows 10 OEM licenses (Dell, HP, etc)

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft no longer sells any edition of Windows 8.1.

try amazon.com, etc.

Warning:

You do not buy a Product Key by itself, as they are normally stolen/pirated, Volume Licenses which are not for private use, or MSDN keys which are not to be sold by the original subscription holder.

Make sure that you buy the complete sealed package (DVD, license)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop.aspx

Read Section: Beware of Product Keys sold separately.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Apr 20, 2022
  3. Superfly Win User
    Is paying for antivirus a waste of money?

Good article - supports what I said way back at the beginning.

Please stop posting this ^^^...it's misleading.

Source: The Best Antivirus Utilities for 2016 | PCMag.com

Superfly, Apr 20, 2022
  4. Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld

Reviving Money Express (Money 2004) in Windows 10

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are asked to have Internet Explorer 6 while using Money Express in new Windows 10. I want to inform you that in Windows 10 default version of Internet Explorer is IE 11. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below
    to open Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 20, 2022
Thema:

Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld

1. Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld - Similar Threads - Wasted Money Professional

2. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES!!!!!: No matter what you do, Bluetooth headphones will not work on Windows 11. Don't waste your money on the bluetooth options, just get a logitech headset and you will live a much happier life. If you do decide to go with a Bluetooth Headphone, be prepared for it to never work...
  3. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES!!!!!: No matter what you do, Bluetooth headphones will not work on Windows 11. Don't waste your money on the bluetooth options, just get a logitech headset and you will live a much happier life. If you do decide to go with a Bluetooth Headphone, be prepared for it to never work...
  4. Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld: Wasted Money on Professional version of Windows 11 because the software key is withheld. I own other keys I can find no way to recover online. How many times do I have to pay $100 for a Professional Upgrade that never lasts past the next upgrade?...
  5. update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows: Do you have any old software that I use to bring my Windows 7 Professional or any earlier version of Windows up to the most resent version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-for-microsoft-windows-7/ebd5544f-ac92-4379-b60a-38f252b13cbd
  6. update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows

update software for Microsoft Windows 7 Professional or earlier versions of Windows: Do you have any old software that I use to bring my Windows 7 Professional or any earlier version of Windows up to the most resent version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-for-microsoft-windows-7/ebd5544f-ac92-4379-b60a-38f252b13cbd
  7. When and how to upgrade Windows 11 to the Professional version

When and how to upgrade Windows 11 to the Professional version: I'm going to be purchasing a new laptop soon from Best buy.It seems all of their Winows 11 laptops are sold with the "Home" version installed.Here's my issue.I don't want to use a Microsoft account. I currently use a local account on my Win 10 Home version laptop.Based on...
  8. Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise: I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my PC, and the key I have bought takes me to the error code 0x80070057, with the message "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again." attached. I have...
  9. megawatts wasted - because power management sucks !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    megawatts wasted - because power management sucks !!!: 2020 and Windows can't even change power profile automatically, based on application detection. Who is gonna change that manually ??? Noone... While during gaming you need cpu at c0 state ideally, than after you done you want quieter fans and power saving. There are ways to...
  10. Is paying for antivirus a waste of money?

in Windows 10 News
    Is paying for antivirus a waste of money?: Commentary: It's been a long time since anti-malware suites have found anything on my computers. Maybe the Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 is good enough? I always run an anti-malware security suite on my PC. Over the years I've made a point of running a...