Windows 10: Watch out: A dangerous Windows 10 scam is being circulated online

Discus and support Watch out: A dangerous Windows 10 scam is being circulated online in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I have seen the longer spelling "programme" used in the UK as against the US spelling "program" which Microsoft uses on it's website. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by CountMike, Jul 31, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Watch out: A dangerous Windows 10 scam is being circulated online

I automatically spell it "programme".

Francis

Dublin, Ireland.

fjk61011, Aug 3, 2015
  2. tinmar49 Win User

Yes, I would spell it the long way unless it was in conjunction with computers. If I was conducting a scam, I would copy the spelling used and not rely on the Oxford English Dictionary.

tinmar49, Aug 3, 2015
  3. John035 Win User
    If you get this, you probably deserve to be separated from your money. Or to lose your data.Consider it a valuable life lesson learned cheap.

John035, Aug 4, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

People fall into ANY Scam in spite of warning after warning.

"Psst I know a Nigerian Businessman who wants to move 27 Million USD to Europe -- Can he move it into your Bank for a temporary transfer -- Give me details and I'll pay you 5,000 USD for the service". !!!

Just read the Financial sections of say a section of the Sunday Papers in England. Every week you can see that quite OBVIOUS scams seem to dupe who seem to be quite sensible educated people into LOSING THOUSANDS of GBP.

Often the SAME type of Scam appears WEEK after WEEK.

Can't believe there are so many DUMMIES on this planet -- still that's the way.

'Nuf Said.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Atomic77 Win User
    Ok to put this in brief and simple terms we can all understand. The World is no longer safe. The Internet is no longer safe. Don't trust what you see or hear on the internet. Yes there are scams out there and there are people out there that can harm you and your computer. Be extra vilagent as you go online and also out into the real world.

Atomic77, Nov 28, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Dig out history books, it never was. It wasn't all that safe for dinosaurs either.

CountMike, Nov 28, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

All these scams show that no AV program will protect you against this sort of stuff -- If you want to install AV software on top of or instead of Ms's excellent Windows defender - by all means do so --but your emphasis should be on USING THE NET SAFELY and understanding the pitfalls. Problems with Viruses and Trojans aren't nearly as problematical these days as are these sorts of scams and things like browser hi-jacks and PUPS.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 28, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Best thing is to ask yourself who would you let in your house, who would you go out for a drink with, who you would give your credentials, credit card info, which dark neighborhoods you'd walk and things like that. Transmute all those things to internet and and behave accordingly.

CountMike, Nov 28, 2015
  9. This easy to use Thunderbird feature is like giving people a printer for printing counterfeit money *Eek
    Ought to be made illegal just like such printers are.

FrozenCursor, Nov 28, 2015
  10. KACI Win User
    I was looking at the Hoax Buster web site last night and I'm amazed at the "stuff'" people fall for. Crooks are looking for greedy, lazy or stupid people, and apparently quite a few fit the target. Some people just don't get the fact that if it sounds too good to be true, it is to good to be true and just because it's on the net it doesn't make it true.

11. Atomic77 Win User
    I know I posted it somewhere else on the forum but I once had a fixmypc virus on my pc a few days ago. My Norton 360 detected it and stopped it and removed it.

Atomic77, Nov 29, 2015
  12. gtspeck Win User
    Too bad people stoop to this level to use these type of tactics to exploit people.*Sad

gtspeck, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Watch out: A dangerous Windows 10 scam is being circulated online - Similar Threads - Watch dangerous scam

2. Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos: Hi All,I had recently got a PC built and every time i watch online videos, windows freezes and does not allow me to do anything. I am not even able to shutdown, restart or even sign out.I have done the following and yet nothing seems to fix the issue:1. Updated all drivers2....
  3. Windows 10 - video watched online where are they stored in computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - video watched online where are they stored in computer?: Hello experts,Just wonder for the videos watched online either by streamed or progressive download, where would the footage or video files watched be stored or found in computer apart from the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp?thanks you very much!...
  4. New Circulative Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Circulative Update Problem: So I was updating windows for the new circulative update and on settings I clicked the back arrow and went back to "Check for updates" and now its just stuck on the 3 dots loading, I've waited for over 15m and its still like that. What can I do? I also cant see update history...
  5. windows 10 strucks or freezes while watching online videos.

windows 10 strucks or freezes while watching online videos.: i have a dell laptop model: dell g7 7588 . i bought it two months ago. it has intel i9-8 th gen with 128 gb ssd and 1tb hdd with nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 maxq with 6 gb ram. it is making me sick i bought it with 1,70,000 . please help me with it. windows 10 freezes...
  6. Microsoft support scam still in danger?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support scam still in danger?: Hello. I accidentally entered in a website that took me to an alert page, wherein a false number was given to microsoft. I called the number. The voice on the other end directed me to hold down the 'r' key while pressing control. He then told me to enter something like...
  7. How to Watch Movies Online?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Watch Movies Online?: My default browser is Internet Explorer and using Windows 10 Home Basic. Loading simple sites like google.com are perfectly fine. But when I try to watch movies online from movie streaming sites such as fmovies, movieglide or netflix, it takes ages just to load the...
  8. watching videos online

watching videos online: Trying to watch videos online and the view is huge. Cannot watch in normal view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-videos-online/4a64d85e-495d-4379-a778-f2791b689de2
  9. Watch out for the updates !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Watch out for the updates !: I finally got W10 running smooth and was starting to really like it. Then the first 'update' came down the chute. I didn't even have a chance to get around to thinking about stopping that auto update before it happened. WHAM ! Bricked for the second time. I am using Norton...
  10. BSOD watching online stream

BSOD watching online stream: Hi I have a BSOD watching an online stream, I don't know if it's related but games that my computer should handle fine have been lagging whilst some more demanding games run perfectly. 28349